7.6|Rich Hearts: Didn't Kiss|

"Zuri, you are still awake?" Advay asked her, more like scolded her when he entered their bedroom at midnight.

"I was waiting for you. You told me that you will return before the evening, but it's past midnight now."

At that time he didn't knew that he'll get to meet Amyra. Oh, just her thought brought a smile to his lips.

"Why are you smiling like this? Don't tell me you went to meet any mistress of yours."

Seems like Ziya has again started poisoning her mind against him. Okay, he understands that Ziya never wanted Zuri to marry him. He also understands that it's because of his long history of flings and stands. But can't she just see how much he loves her sister. It was a wrong decision to invite his brother to live in his house. His so-called sister-in-law will ruin everything for him.

"Why do you think I'll have a mistress?" He was dead serious while asking this question.

"I read few articles about you on the internet. It seems like you had a fair share of girlfriends and mistresses."

Okay, he exaggerated about Ziya being a troublemaker. This time it wasn't her.

"I agree but that was before I met you. I swear I stopped it after our marriage."

"If you say so." But he could see in her eyes that she wasn't satisfied with his answer.

A question popped in his head.

"How did you read the articles?"

"With my eyes." Obviously 🙄

"That's impossible! You have trouble reading without specs."

"Oh, I had seen specs in a drawer of dressing table. And when I couldn't make out the words on the tablet, then I understood those specs are mine. Simple." Like she just solved a murder mystery like Sherlock Holmes do.

"Memory loss has made you smart." He pinched her cheek.

"Should I take it as a compliment?"

"No." He teased her.

"I wonder why I married you." She taunted him grumpily.

"Because I love you." His tone was ever so sweet.

"Honestly, I doubt that."

"Stop doubting." His expression turned grim but he hid it perfectly and ambled to the closet.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

When he came out Zuri was still wide awake.

"Aren't you going to sleep?" He asked casually while laying on the other side of the bed.

"I was just wondering how we got married."

"Why?" They got married just like other couples get married. 😌

"You had a one night stand with my sister. And I am sane enough to know that I would have tried my best to keep my distance from you."

"You are absolutely right."

"Then what happened?"

"You happened to be my secretary and I happened to be your boss. That's how things changed."

"And I was willing to work for you?"

"Not really. As much as I could guess at that time you were planning to work for a year, earn good salary and then find another suitable job for yourself."

"What stopped me from resigning?"

"My charms." He smirked.

"I won't believe that."