2.4|Aafreen • Truth|

Aafreen woke up around six in the morning as usual

Aafreen woke up around six in the morning as usual. She yawned and opened her eyes to get a shocker. Shahaan was sleeping beside her. Her eyes widened. She tried to move away from him which resulted in waking him up.

He understood his peaceful time was finally over. He lazily got up from the bed. He rubbed the back of his neck, he wasn't embarrassed, just a little nervous.

Her eyes reflected all the questions she had in her mind. He was seriously confusing her. Firstly, he kissed her forcefully. Secondly, he slapped her. Thirdly, he locked her in the basement. But suddenly, he changed. Okay, maybe it's because she confessed that she was innocent in her panic state. However, she didn't want to raise her hopes higher when she knew he may be pretending, to take revenge. The same had happened years ago with her. Someone used her weakness against her. What if Shahaan was doing the same? Being mentally ill didn't mean that she forgot the cruel lesson life had taught her.

Shahaan wasn't good at reading people but Aafreen was an exception. He smiled lovingly and bent on his knees. Holding her both hands, he looked straight into her glassy black eyes.

"Aafi, trust me. I'll fix everything."

The dam of her self-control broke and tears rolled down to her cheeks without a pause.

"Don't try to fix it, Shahaan. Or else you'll yourself break down."

Her words held a deep meaning which he understood instantly. Whoever the real killer is, is someone close to him. Someone he trusts the most.

His heart shuddered. A thought crossed his mind, which made him forget how to breath.

He now had an idea of the original culprit. And yes, even a mere thought of it broke him. He was praying that he is wrong and Aafreen is lying.

His perplexed expression told her that he understood everything.

"Shahaan, you should have killed me. Because now the truth will kill you alive."

He looked at her, his eyes bloodshot.

"Then let it be. Let me get hurt."
With that, he left the room and went downstairs.

He banged on Hiba's door.
"Khala! Open the door."
But he didn't get any reply.

Rania came there hearing his rage-filled voice. She opened her mouth contemplating to tell him or not.

"Shahaan sir, last night I told everything to Hiba Bibi. About the misunderstanding, taking Aafreen Bibi to hospital and later your changed demeanor with her."

"Bring the spare key of Khala's room." He ordered and Rania rushed to do the same.

As he opened the door, the sight in front of his eyes shook him terribly. Rania screamed in horror.

Hiba was lying lifeless on the floor in the pool of blood flowing through her injured wrist.

She killed herself.