Seventeen

Cassandra's POV

"Hey." I smiled as I entered Darius's office. He looked up and a smile graced his face as well.

"Hi." He grabbed his jacket from hanger, wearing it. I took a seat on one of the chairs, watching him wear his watch and grab his wallet too.

"Where are you off too?" I asked, stepping towards him to help him with watch.

"You know we sent some guards yesterday to get Gideon. They came back now and told me they didn't find him at his home."

"What?" I frowned.

"Yeah. I'm going to check on him. I'll be back." He pecked my lips, smiling at my face.

"Okay. Tell me if it's something serious."

"Of course. Also, if you do not mind, go to the dungeons in about half an hour. Connor will be questioning Victoria about her actions and I feel at least one of us should be there." He sighed. I nodded my head.

"Sure."

"I'll be off then." He placed one last kiss on my cheek before turning around leaving.

He really did look concerned about Gideon. I hope it isn't anything dangerous.

Slowly, I started walking down the hall, to the dungeons, thinking about the whole situation.

Victoria's act of yesterday's and Gideon's disappearance... Are they just a coincidence or somehow connected?

"Women aren't allowed in." I looked up and saw two guards at the door. I sighed.

I'm seriously done with all these 'women aren't allowed here' things.

"Well, this woman is Luna of the Rodriguez pack so I suggest you get out of the way."

"We can't."

"You can and you will." I glared at them.

"She's Darius's Luna, Max. Let her in."

They finally stepped out and I stepped in.

Victoria was tired to a chair with silver chains and I know they burn like hellfire because I've kind of been in her place before.

"Rogue gi— excuse me. Ms Cassandra." Connor cleared his throat.

"Alpha Connor." I nodded to him.

I stood outside of the cell, by the wall as he questioned her.

"Give me an explanation of your yesterday's action." Connor said, shooting daggers through his eyes towards her.

"I...I don't..." She was struggling to speak.

"Who let you inside the castle?"

"I s-sneaked in."

"Why?" She did not speak. "Why, Victoria!?"

"I-I was t-told to get Cassandra to A-Alora."

"By whom?"

"P-Please don't. He'll kill me."

"Don't make me repeat myself again. By. Whom." If looks could kill, Victoria would die a million deaths right now.

"He's a monster." She whispered, weakly. "Blue skin, red and golden eyes, fangs and werewolf ears."

"Stop playing around! There's no creature that looks like that! Tell the truth! By whom!?"

"T-There is.. I met him in the woods one day. He was wearing a cloak and I...I told him about Darius and I... He said if I bring Cassandra to Alora, D-Darius will be mine." Tears streamed down her face. "I asked him how I would do that and he suggested the whole plan of kerosene and the ash. I didn't even know things like these ash exist. When I said, I would not risk my pack, he p-p-pulled off his h-hood and..." She trailed off, crying. "He was scary. He would've killed me."

"Connor." I cleared my throat, gesturing him to come aside. "I think she's telling the truth. Get rid of the chains and put her in the cells. It won't be safe for her if we let her go since someone wants to kill her."

"Guards." Connor pointed to the cell she was in and left.

I stepped inside the cell too.

"It's because of you. Everything happening to me is because of you." Victoria said to me. I sighed. "If you wouldn't be here, Darius would have chosen me to be his Luna. If you wouldn't be here, I won't be in this problem."

"Times like this make me wish I hadn't asked him to remove your chains." I sighed, exhausted. "But, I'm not gonna let my anger come in the way of my judgement so, listen to me clearly."

I looked her in the eye.

"Darius didn't choose me. We were put together by the Moon Goddess. And this situation, you've brought this upon you yourself. You could have asked for help or talked about it to the Alphas or even the King but I understand. You were scared and it's okay. Now, into the cell you go."

I stepped out of the dungeons, hands in the jacket's pockets and stepped up to our room.

"Hey." A smiled formed on my face when I heard his voice. I walked towards him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

I frowned when he just smiled a little and sighed, rubbing my back.

"What's wrong?"

"I didn't find Gideon."

"Come here." I pulled him over to the stairs, making him sit down beside me. He sighed and ran his hand down his face, shaking his head and looking around in anxiety. "Hey." I took his hand in mine. "I'm here, alright? Tell me everything."

"I went to his place and it looked like a earthquake just happened in there."

"We will find him, okay?" I held his face in my hands. "We will find him. He's gonna be safe. He's probably on one of his witchy adventures." I joked to make him laugh.

He chuckled. "You mean wizardy adventures."

A moment later, he sighed, laying his forehead against mine.

"It's okay."

________________________

Gideon's POV

"Victoria has been caught. Stupid thing! Can't do even one thing right!" This freaking hybrid growled, punching into the wall, making a hole. I coughed out again.

"W-why are you doing t-this?" I asked, breathing heavily.

"If you wanna speak, speak properly. Your stutter is giving me a headache." He scoffed.

"Well, for one, I h-haven't eaten anything since like t-two weeks." I coughed. "And yeah, I'm d-dying with s-such high j-jasper in the air." I rolled my eyes before coughing again.

Suddenly, an apple was thrown at me and I just stared at it, not making any move to pick it up.

"Oh come on." He scoffed. "It's not like I have poisoned it."

"W-why?" I asked, questioning his act. I heard the door open with a creek sound.

"Because you have a cute butt." And the door was shut.

I scoffed and bite into the apple.