~Who You Were Dating Before • Why You Broke Up~

~This chapter is mostly based on if you went to Welton, so yeah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Neil Perry~

Stick.

I guess you just a thing for nerdy boys with glasses. At first, you fell for the way the blonde moved, he was so swift and suave, extremely graceful. It was an odd thing to admit but really, just watching the way the boy moved like a machine enamored you. You adored his cute little sweaters, his charming smile and perfectly kept hair. All though, he wasn't someone you talked to on a regular basis, often you hung out with the dead poets, specifically either Neil, Cameron or Pitts, you still couldn't help but feel some sort of feelings towards the boy, ones you were actually quite used to.

So one day, you made your move. One dinner, you saw Stick getting up to retrieve some food and you quickly jumped up from your spot at the table, almost knocking poor Cameron down in the process, but in that moment, you really had no time to apologize. You couldn't waste a single second. So, you effortlessly made it to around the area Stick was, messily collecting all your courage before beginning some measly small talk.

It was rare that you heard the boy speak, even in class, and I guess that was another thing that attracted you to him. His quiet and and shyness. His mysterious manner. You took the chance to ask the boy to help tutor you, claiming that you had heard he was quite the math nerd. Which wasn't a lie, Charlie, even though you two weren't as close as maybe Cameron and yourself, came in clutch and passed that information onto you. Anyway, the boy happily, yet obviously nervous, agreed to help you and it took everything in you not to start screaming.

After that, you started to spend, what felt like, every waking moment with Stick. Be it walking to classes together or just cuddling in each other's dorms, you were basically connected at the hip. And it didn't seem to bother you. You still spent plenty of time with your other palls, especially Cameron who adored the two of yous relationship and only wanted to hear more and more about it. But one thing did seem to be a little off.

Neil had basically pushed himself away from you.

When you used to be assigned projects, or any work for that matter, you had to gain a buddy for, Neil would always be the first person you looked for. But now, ever sense Stick came into your life, it's like Neil wanted nothing to do with you. When you were given buddy projects, by the time you even got the chance to turn and look for the brown haired boy, he was already searching desperately for Todd, or moving his chair to join Charlie. Or if you two happened to run into each other in the halls, he would blatantly do everything possible to escape any uprising conversation.

That's when you noticed that you quite missed the brown haired boys presence. You often found him on your mind, because he too was a nerdy boy with glasses. He wore fuzzy sweaters, had an adorable smile and he too had perfect hair. But what differed him from your, at the time, boyfriend was his personality. While, as I mentioned before, Stick was more on the quiet and reserved side, he was swift, like a dancer, Mr. Neil Perry was quiet the opposite. He was loud, confident and maybe even a little rowdy at times. And this boy couldn't solve a math problem if it were to save his life. And he had you absolutely smitten over him.

But no matter how many times you tried to get Neils attention, get his eyes to stray away from his studies and maybe talk to you again, like you used to, you always seemed to fail. So, like you did with asking out Stick, you took matters into your own hands and found your way to Neil and Todd's room.

The entirety of your visit, Neil spend his time looking down at the side of his bed, bringing his fingers down to pick at the fabric of his blanket, effortlessly trying his hardest to distract himself, like he was silently hoping the world around him would just disappear.