Chapter 12 - The Gala

════════════════════════════════

Chapter 12 — The Gala

This is your dress. Imagine your own color(s), could be space, could be sky, the colors could be changing, sparkling, your choice.

"Ron's looking a bit grumpy overthere.."

════════════════════════════════

While the boys were slightly (or mildly but hiding it) jealous that Y/n already had a date, Y/n was figuring out how to take her date to the gala. With a few charms and spells, she finally did it. Hermione watched her with an amused and exasperated look, not thinking that Y/n would actually pull through with this.

"...Y/n.."

"Hermione, do not insult my date. You have a fine date, I have a fine date, so no need to complain."

Hermione only smiled, choosing to accept Y/n's antics, "Alright Y/n. Ready to go?"

"Yep! And just so you know Hermione, if I didn't know your date, I'd probably steal you from him."

Hermione laughed as the two girls linked arms to make their way out of the common room to be with their dates.

═════════════════

"Is that Y/n... dancing with a mirror??"

Ron and Harry watched as Y/n danced the waltz happily with her floating mirror, paying no mind to the amused stares she was getting. The floating mirror had the side of it's silver frame sticking out to act as arms and Y/n held onto them, guiding the mirror around. Harry couldn't help but notice how beautiful her dress was. It was (your dress description color), the fabric flowing past her legs as she managed to glide across the room.

It seems that he wasn't the only one thinking it however, when the twins came up to her and talked for a bit, making her smile as she probably retorted something funny about the mirror being her date.

Y/n gave the twins a dance as she placed her mirror on the side. Somehow (since partners switch during the dance), she was handed over to Draco after the twins finished dancing with her individually.

To the normal eye, anyone could see the disgusted expression they had on their faces, but if they were to look more closely, they would be able to see the twinkle and happiness they had in their eyes.

From Draco it went to Krum, to Cedric, a Ravenclaw boy, Neville, and Harry finally got up to steal a dance, and luckily he did.

"Oh, Harry! Enjoyed yourself so far?"