The Reichenbach Fall- Eighteen

Again if you can't access the song it's 'Please don't leave me' by Pink. Enjoy
—————————————————————————

Chapter Eighteen

Third POV

"Sherlock... Sherlock... Please let me through I'm his... his friend." John pushes his way to the corpse of Sherlock. Checking his pulse for any sign of life. He cries. People surround him, preparing to take the body away. Leaving John behind he cries in agony...

The air started to thicken as nightfall started to grow close by. John was kneeling by the ghost of Sherlock's landing for hours. Slowly picking himself up, he avoids getting a cab and walks home.

Mrs Hudson was beyond scared. She heard glass smash. She heard loud bangs, She heard screams. She heard pleas. Michelle's pleas...

John noticed wooden chairs from the flat outside shattered and splayed across the ground in front of Speedy's Café. Looking up he heard fierce screams. Running into the flat, he was met with a weeping Mrs Hudson. "John, you've got to do something." Nodding his head he ran up the stairs only to be greeted with Michelle scrunched into a ball on the ground, fragments of the shattered mirror around her, screaming by being heartbroken. "Michelle?!" She began shrieking even louder.

Calling Lestrade, within ten minutes Greg pounded up the stairs with a number of officers and Anderson by his side. Michelle goes to punch the ground again with her bloody knuckles but Anderson steps forward and stops her. "YOU DID THIS!" Michelle goes to punch him but to no avail, Lestrade steps in. Slapping handcuffs on her, he lifts her over his shoulder whilst she pounds and kicks and screams. "I'll keep her in a cell for tonight." With a nod of John's head Greg gets into the police car driving away.

Placing Michelle into a cell was the hardest thing he ever had to do. No. Let me rephrase that. It wasn't placing her in a cell that was the hardest part. It's the fact that Lestrade chose to stay and guard her cell for the night. By far, it was the hardest thing he ever had to do. He stayed awake hearing her shriek, hearing her scream for hours on end until... Nothing. Nothing but silent weeping from the woman. Lestrade got a bit of sleep, light sleep anyways. When his wrist beeped wildly, he slapped his watch only to see it was one O'clock the next day.

Standing up from his chair he signed for Michelle's possessions, grabbed the key and unlocked her cell. "You're to go straight home." Without a response from Michelle, she stood up got her things from Greg and walked out of the police station.

The paparazzi got wind of Michelle's breakdown and they were queueing outside the station taking pictures of the poor girl. Multiple flashes went off and when one caught her mugshot in the face she grabbed the guys camera and stamped on it repeatedly. Over and over again until it was nothing but random pieces on the floor. The rest of them got the message and stopped taking pictures. With a stern and ferocious look on Michelle's face she marched away from them and hot wired a car that was nearby.

Speeding away, she diverted the car to follow where she wanted to go. Driving towards a suburban house, she slammed the car door and knocked briskly on the houses door. Opening up, the person took one look at her and knew straight away what she wanted. "How much." Michelle pulls out a fifty pound note and without question the man gives her a package enclosed with a variety of drugs. Nodding her head she walks away to find the closet store that sells alcohol.

Slapping her money on the counter she walks out the shop with a six pack of beer and a few bottles of vodka. Michelle starts to walk around aimlessly, not knowing what to do with herself.

But then she does...

John paces around, exhausted emotionally, exhausted physically and exhausted mentally. He was expecting Michelle to be back home several hours ago. Gregory had messaged him saying she left the station. He paces some more, thinking perhaps she needs time. However, pacing doesn't lower the anxiety he feels. So he does the next best thing. The last thing he wanted to do. He rang Mycroft. "Mycroft, listen... Er, Michelle was supposed to be back here several hours ago from the police station. Maybe she needs time, maybe something else. However, I'm worried."