A Scandal In Belgravia- Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Mycroft and Irene sit opposite each other by the table...

Sherlock was sat by the fireplace, hands to his chin...

I was standing feet shoulder width apart, hands clenching behind my back, by side of Mycroft. Grinding my teeth...

"We have people who can get into this." Mycroft gestured to the phone. "I tested that theory for you. I let Sherlock Holmes try for six months. Sherlock dear, tell him what you found when you X-rayed my camera phone."

"There are four additional units wired inside the casing, I suspect containing acid or a small amount of explosive." Mycroft lowers his head into his hands. "Any attempt to open the casing will burn the hard drive."

"Explosive. It'a more me."

"Some data is always recoverable."

"Take the risk." She deadpanned. "You have a passcode to open this. I deeply regret to say we have people who can extract it from you."

"Sherlock?" She called out. "There will be two passcodes: One to open the phone, one to burn the drive. Even under duress you can't know which one she's given you and there will be no point in a second attempt."

"He's good, isn't he? I should have him on a leash. In fact, I might." I was gripping onto Mycroft's chair for dear life. Irene gazes at Sherlock but he remains turned away from her. "We destroy this, then. No one has the information."

"Fine. Good idea... Unless there are lives of British citizens depending on the information you're about to burn."

"Are there?" Mycroft briefly acknowledged. "Telling you would be playing fair. I'm not playing any more." Mycroft turns to my direction. "Yes there is data on that camera phone which risk British citizens." I turned to lean on the wall, crossing my arms.

Irene reaches into her handbag, talking out an envelope and contract. The envelope she pushes towards Mycroft's direction. "A list of my requests; And some ideas about my protection once they're granted and of course, in return Michelle gets her contract back." She snidely adds. Taking the sheet, Mycroft silently reads. "I'd say it wouldn't blow much of a hole in the wealth of the nation, but then I'd be lying." He raises his eyebrows in amazement as he reads through the demands she has listed. "I imagine you'd like to sleep on it."

"Thank you, yes."

"Too bad." Sherlock snorts in brief amusement. "Off you pop and talk to people." Mycroft sinks into his chair. "You've been very... Thorough. I wish our lot were half as good as you."

"I can't take all the credit. Had a bit of help." She turns to Sherlocks direction "Oh, Jim Moriarty sends his love."

"Yes, he's been in touch. Seems desperate for my attention..." His voice sounding ominous. "Which I'm sure can be arranged."

"I had all this stuff, never knew what to do with it. Thank God for the consultant criminal. Gave me a lot of advice about how to play the Holmes boys but not so much on The Lady Phillips. D'you know what he calls you? The Ice Man... And the Virgin." She then briefly looks at me. "He called you many things: The Holmes Brothers darling girl, A woman of mystery the list goes on... Sebby says hi though." She drawled further. My head snaps. "Didn't even ask for anything. I think he just likes to cause trouble. Now that's my kind of man."

"And here you are, the dominatrix who brought a nation to its knees." Mycroft stated solemnly. It was then that I realised something. I laughed quietly...

Which gradually turned louder...

And louder...

And louder....