A Scandal In Belgravia- Three

Chapter Three

I climb into an awaiting cab the boys were in on the high street. "Okay, the smoking. How did you know?"

"The evidence was right under your nose, John. As ever, you see but do not observe."

"Observe what?" Sherlock reached into his coat. "The ashtray." He pulls out the glass ashtray. John and I shared a brief laugh as Sherlock tossed the object in the air. I turned and faced the window during the ride. "Michelle? Are you alright?" John asked, concerned. "I'm fine, just arriving at deep waters..." I drabbled on. Sherlock's head snapped towards me. He looks concerned for me.

At 221B, John sat at the kitchen table whilst Sherlock and I got ready. I was dressed in a suit, double checking that I had at least two small guns on me. Sherlock was hurling clothes around in his bedroom when I came downstairs. "What are you doing?" John asked not exactly sure who he did ask.

Sherlock and I both replied: "Going into battle."

Sherlock came out with a large yellow hi-vis jacket before arguing with himself and ripping it of again. In the end he decided to wear his usual clothing, carrying a collar with him. "So, what's the plan?"

"We know her address."

"What, just ring her doorbell?"

"Exactly. Just here please." We climbed out the cab, only to leave John more confused. "You didn't even change your clothes... Michelle did."

"Then it's time to add a splash of colour."

"Are we here?"

"We're two streets away." I stated. "Punch me in the face." Sherlock turned and faced John and I. "Punch you?" I asked. "Yes, punch me, either of you, in the face. Didn't you hear me?" Sherlock turned his face to the side. "I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking, but it's usually sub-text." I stifled in a laugh. "Oh, for God's sake..." Sherlock drew back his arm and forced his fist into the side of John's face. I stepped back, not wanting to get involved. Regaining his stance, John locked eyes with Sherlock and punched him in the face. "Thank you, that was..." John charged forward knocking the both of them to the floor. "John, let go I think we're done." Sherlock managed to say, his voice was raspy. "You have to remember Sherlock, I was a solider. I killed people."

"You were a medic!"

"I had bad days!" John yelled back. Rolling my eyes, I caught both their heads and pulled them up. "You fight like a couple of School girls. Come on, we gotta go." Brushing themselves up we began to walk to Irene's. "So John, released some of that pent up anger now?" He grumbled in response. Sherlock pressed the bell and started his story off: "Oh! Um, sorry to disturb you, um, I've just been attacked and, um, I think they... They took my wallet and, um, and my phone. Could you please help me?"

"I can phone the police if you want?"

"Thank you, thank you! Could you, please?" Sherlock stated oh so tearfully. "Would you mind if I just waited here, until they come?" The intercom buzzed and we went in. "We saw it all happen, It's okay, I'm a Doctor." John explained. "Do you have a first aid kit?"

"In the kitchen. Who are you?" The blonde women asked. "I'm his wife." She looked towards Sherlock, slightly amazed. I slowly slipped one of my rings on my wedding finger. She nodded her head before she showed us to the living room. "Wife?" Sherlock murmured almost thoughtfully when we took our seats. "Shut up!" I snapped. He just smirked. Holding a handkerchief to his cut cheek.

"I'm so sorry that you've been hurt. I don't think Kate caught your names." Adler strode into the living room. Butt naked. "I'm sorry, I'm..." Sherlock paused, looking at her. "Oh, it's so hard to remember an alias when you've had a fright. Isn't it?" Sherlock's eyes were locked onto her and I was growing with anger inside. She waltzed towards him, kneeling forward. "Well, there now. We're both defrocked... Not sure about you though?" She stated turning the last question to me. "Miss Adler. I presume." He answered, swallowing dryly. "Look at those cheek bones. I could cut myself slapping that face." She purred. "Would you like me to try?" She plucked the paper from his collar to her mouth.