57

Levi engulfs her cold hand in his calloused ones, hoping that he has enough warmth to transmit into her body.

"Please wake up, (Y/n).. I- I really.."

However before Levi could finish his sentence, from the corner of his sharp eyes, he spotted a certain blonde monkey. Zeke peeks through a small gap on the door to steal a glance at (Y/n). Of course, this enraged the vice president.

He calmly releases his grip on (Y/n)'s hand, before silently storming out of the room and drag Zeke away from the spot.

"What did you say to (Y/n) ?" Levi gritted his teeth.

No matter how short he is, he's able to show who's the boss here. Levi yanks Zeke's collar and slams the poor man into the wall without a care in the world, "what did you say to her that she fainted like that huh ? You told her about the past again, didn't you ? How long must you keep on torturing us with those fucking stories ?!" He snapped.

"Answer me !!"

Zeke hung his head low in shame, "the person who went through that night.. It wasn't me, but you, wasn't it ?"

The steel blue eyed man stands frozen on his ground.

"You.." Zeke proceeds, "you were lying all the time, don't you ?"

"...."

"So it must be true then, judging by your silence and that look in your eyes, captain.. You know ? I thought it was strange because I didn't understand it at all, on why you didn't show me an ounce of guilt, seeing me suffer so much."

Zeke easily removes Levi's deathly grip that had gone weak on him, the blonde then walks around, circling the vice president, "but then I realized it was because it wasn't me, but it was you, who was actually suffering." Zeke said. With that, he trotted away from the scene, leaving Levi all alone in the hospital corridor.

Still in mere shock, the CEO then tries to keep his composure before returning to the room where (Y/n) is currently bedridden.

Room 845.

The door creaks open as Levi enters the room, seeing (Y/n) sitting up on her bed, "I see you're awake. How are you feeling ? Let me get you something to drink, I'll inform Ms. Reiss to take on more of your work, because it seems like you've been overworking-"

"You lied, right ?"

Levi, who's busy making tea in the luxurious hospital room that has a built-in kitchen, stops his movements.

"You were just pretending to be the bad one, right ? You never bullied Zeke, you never did those things that Zeke told me. It was all actually the opposite." (Y/n) croaked out.

He inhales sharply, "I don't know what you're talking about. Just rest and save your energy, Ms. (L/n)-"

"Mr. Blanket."

And that's when Levi drops the teaspoon upon what she just called him.

(Y/n) shifts on her place, "I remember everything now, about what happened that day, about who you really are, Levi."

----Flashback----

(Y/n) giggled, "you better hold into your words-" she froze, "wait a minute.. I never got your name."

"And so do I."

"What's yours ?"

With a less hoarse voice, he gave her an answer, "Levi. Just... Levi."