50

"Good morning Mr. Ackerman."

The sight of his girlfriend greeting him in the morning warms his heart, especially after what happened yesterday. He nods curtly in response, but the man stopped when she called out to him, "um.. can I go see Zeke Jaeger today ? He texted me earlier, it seems like he has something important to say."

"Alright."

Her eyes slightly widened. She didn't expect him to give permission so.. easily.

--------------------------

--Lunch hour--

"I felt bad when I realized you were avoiding my calls, so thanks for coming."

(Y/n) fiddles with the straw on her beverage cup, not knowing what to say. Zeke's words made it more awkward.

"About then.." The blonde proceeds, "sorry to confess to you so suddenly. But I wanted to tell you how I felt about you. I guess it surprised you though, right ?"

"Yes. Because that wasn't why I met with you. I'm aware that you were someone who protected me in that difficult situation when we were little. So I want to see you again, someday. But, that doesn't mean I liked you in that way. Which is why.. I can't accept your feelings."

Her words completely pierced Zeke's heart. If words were blades, he would be bleeding right now. With shaky breath, he asks, "..is it because of Levi ?"

"Yes."

"YOU !" He suddenly spat at her, "do you know how hard it was for me because of that bastard ? Do you know how I felt he bullied me, stole from me, and made me suffer for years ?!" His face is red from anger that has built up inside him.

(Y/n) only blinked, the more Zeke shows his true side and bring up his past, the more.. she loses trust in him.

"It's about that again, isn't it ?"

The woman instinctively stood up upon hearing the voice that suddenly joined their private conversation. Zeke turns his head, seeing the culprit who interrupted their moment.

"How long are you going to keep up that repertoire ?" Levi calmly asks, "don't you ever get tired of it ?"

Zeke's veins begin to throb and protrude from his neck, "how could you say so ?"

Silence...

"I still remember it vividly, Levi. Which is why I'm still living in pain. But you... It must be easy for you. Because you managed to get away by living in luxury since birth, getting everything you want. Famous under the name of Ackerman huh ?"

The shorter man clicks his tongue, "stop your sarcasm, and stop calling out (Y/n) for your nonsense. If you say that crap about your shitty past to her one more time..."

"...I'll cut off your nape and feed you to the dogs myself."

(Y/n) couldn't be happier when Levi pulls her hand and drags her away from Zeke, guiding her out of the restaurant, hand in hand. The two enter the car that Levi had parked a few blocks from the restaurant. With her secretary sitting beside the driver seat, Levi begins to drive off.

"Um.. where are we going ? The Ackerman Company is that way." She questioned.

"We're going for a drive," Levi smiles a little, "today, I'll be (Y/n) (L/n)'s personal assistant. Just tell me where would you like to go, my lady."