Chapter 23 - That my best friend

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND Y/N I PRACTICALLY CONFESSED TO HIM-" Haein cries into the phone.

"Oh come on," You laugh. "It's a crush! It's normal to confess!"

"B-But what if he-"

"You never know Haein~! What if he ends up interested in you because of that?"

"W-what?!"

"You know? Planting a single seed is enough for an entire garden to grow," You grin. "He might just be into you~"

"He was literally flirting with you at the office!"

"Oh don't worry about that," You laugh. "We do it all the time. If you two end up dating, I'll be sure to stop the whole thing! Ah... sorry Haein, it must be getting late for you huh?"

"Ah... a little bit..." She chuckles. "It's ok though! It's fun talking to you..."

"That's good to hear," You grin. "So... what do you like about Jinwoo so much?"

You hear Haein choke.

"ARE YOU OK BESTIE-"

"I'm fine I'm fine!" She gasps for air. "You're really spontaneous it catches me off guard sometimes"

"Sorry-"

"No no," she chuckles. "I just think Jinwoo's attractive and I admire him."

You gasp scandalously. "oh my god? Are we secretly the same?"

"You admire him about that too?"

"Yes!!" You gasp. "he's so hot when he fights and then he's such a dick but then he's secretly so soft??? Bestie it's like a webnovel!"

"Web... novel?"

"Fanfiction?"

"What's... fanfiction...?"

You gasp scandalously again. "HAEIN DO YOU NOT READ FANFICTION??? OH BESTIE I HAVE TO HOOK YOU UP-"

You share with her a bunch of links, and somewhere, Jinwoo sneezes.

"Alright that's all I have," You scroll through your saved fics. "... yeah that's it...Shall we get to bed?"

"Alright," Haein laughs lightly.

"Try not to stay up until morning reading it! Sleep well Haein! Love you!"

"Good night Y/n!"

There was no way to stop the flow of the story for good.

The next morning comes, and Jinwoo is summoned to help with a dungeon.

"Which dungeon?" You stare at your phone.

"It's with the knights guild." Jinwoo mumbles.

"Wait no then I can't join today."

"Why?"

You blink at him. "Something's going to happen"

"How do you know?"

"I'm staying around in case there's someone hurt." You grin. "better safe than sorry."

"Last question," Jinwoo stares at you. "Do you think I'm attractive?"

You deadpan at him, eyes emotionless.

"Where is this question coming from?"

"Cha Haein yesterday said that she was interested in me."

Well no shit I was there-

"Sung Jinwoo... your head is growing again." You blink at him.

"You didn't answer the question,"