Chapter 7 - The shadows.

You stare at your notification.

"The fuck?"

[Job change]

[Accept Decline]

"I thought Jinwoo was the only one with a job change??" you stare at the screen. "Accept."

Instantly, you're back in that white room again.

There's a throne this time.

You recognize that man. It's the same absolute being that was murdered by the fragments of light in the beginning. The same being that was sitting at the throneroom that Jinwoo was killed the first time.

ah. That's why.

You stare at your hands. You don't seem to be the same height as before. You're taller, and you feel a lot more unhinged. It's not your voice that comes out.

"AHAHAHAHAHAHA~ TO THINK THAT AN ABSOLUTE BEING LIKE YOU COULD EVEN BE KILLED! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ABSOLUTE IN YOUR NAME HUH?" You grin psychotically. "I CAN'T BELIEVE ONE OF YOUR SOLDIERS WERE ABLE TO TAKE YOU DOWN WITH BARELY ANY HELP! HOW WEAK ARE YOU? SENDING ALL OF US TO WAR ONLY FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT? How sick."

That's when you realize that there's a glowing item in your hand. There's also some yellow glowing liquid. Was that ruler blood? Holy shit???

You can't speak. Your voice won't come out.

"Strongest..."

"What? Are you telling me you regret killing that selfish bastard now?" the body you're in turns to the side. You're staring at someone incredibly familiar.

Ah, it's the brightest fragment of light... am I in the body of a character that was never introduced?

"..." He stares at the dead being.

"Oh come on," Your face stretches into a grin. "Why are you so scared?"

"... what if the greatest-"

"Oh please," you feel the body tighten. "What's Ashy going to do? Kill me? He's always had a soft spot for me anyway."

"But..."

"Unwavering loyalty," You open your mouth, and swallow the item that was in your hand. "With this... I won't have to worry about death anymore."

"B-but you know he's more loyal to him than anything-"

You stare at your hands. You didn't... look like the other fragments. Your color was almost a grey...

"Hide!" A voice calls from outside the door, and you feel incredible bloodlust from the greatest fragment.

"Ashy's back! Tell him I said hi~"

Your body turns to dust.

This... is why you will never get him... because both of you... were cowards...

You cough awake and shoot up in the bed. You're in a hospital room, Jinwoo's resting next to you. It's like the roles were reversed.

"J-Jinwoo?"

One of his eyes open.

"The system sent me an error that Player two had evolved. I found you passed out on the street after I got my job."

"You did! Did you get Igris? I wanted to meet them!"

"... how did you know what I named my knight?"

You stare at him.

I'm fucked-

"I'm your guide," You grin. "I get to see what's going on with player 1."

Jinwoo sighs. "To think I woke up early to find you after fighting that dungeon half to death..."

"Speaking of which," You spot Jinwoo's phone vibrating.

"Hello?"

"Huh?! Are you still sleeping???" It's Jinah's voice.

You grab the phone from Jinwoo, and you speak into it, your face turns dark.

"5 o'clock right? We'll be right there," You speak in a stern tone.

"As expected of you and my brother!"

"2 pm." You stare at your phone. "Go get a haircut and update your bank account I'll find a suit to slip into."

"What about your bank account?"

"I'll style my hair... I'll go with you," You grumble. You needed a haircut after going unhinged as well...

You get the cash into your account, get your hair cut, and you find a nice suit to slip into.

"GET IN LOSER WE'RE GOING TO FIND YOUR SISTER!" You call at Jinwoo downstairs.

"Why are we driving?"

"Look, I'd love to race you, but my hair is styled and the wind's going to ruin it."

"How sad," You step on the gas.

"Sung... Are you really Sung Jinwoo and Y/n L/n sunbae?"

"I SAID TO DROP THE SUNBAE-"

"What is it strange?" Jinwoo stares at his sister.

"Wow... so people can change this much... Y/n look you good by the way," Jinah turns at you.

"We're meeting my sister's teacher, do you want me to come in a tracksuit and slippers?"

Jinah sighs and takes you both inside. The halls crowd, and people turn to stare at you two.

"Wow who are they?"

"They're so hot..."

"Hello," Jinwoo greets a previous teacher and you bow slightly.

"Y/n L/n?? Is that you?"

"Ah yes professor..." You smile sheepishly. "It's been a while."

"Hello professor," Jinwoo stands behind you, and the teacher blinks.

"This is...?"

"Sung Jinwoo professor," You smile at the teacher. "My lovely best friend!"

ow. Ok even that one was harsh darling

It's the voice again.

Shut the fuck up I'm trying to enjoy my glow up don't ruin it you unhinged bitch-

Rude

"... Sung Jinwoo? Oh my god!" The teacher gasps. "It's been such a long time! You've changed so much!"

"Ah..."

"Right we need to meet your teacher!" You realize and shove Jinwoo along. "Sorry Professor! I'll come visit you another time!"

"You will?"

"In an alternate timeline," You mumble. "I hated that professor. He failed me in math."

"Wow you two sure are popular," Jinah speaks up. "That's right! You two aren't dating yet... were you guys together last night? Is that why Jinwoo was late-"

Jinwoo pulls on Jinah's cheek, ears red. "Don't make fun of us."

"U-Urk! I'm very sorry."

"Jinwoo your strength. Don't accidentally rip Jinah's face off." You manage to get him to loosen his hold.

The two of you make it to the consultation room, and you wave bye bye.

"Are you not coming in?"

"No," You shake your head.

"You sure?" Jinwoo stares at you.

"Don't wanna cause trouble," You smile. "I'll stay with Jinah. Let me know if there's anything that I can help with later."

The next dungeon would include a student after all.