(3)

Thunder boomed in the sky, the dark clouds showed their dominance by hiding the moon behind them.
The heavy rainfall with the teeth-chattering cold breeze made many snuggles in warm blankets.

Inhal folded her clothes and placed them one by one in her closet.

The heavy rainfall continued outside, making Inhal sigh in contentment.

As she closed her closed, She saw her phone blinking with an incoming call from an unknown number.

Usually, she never picks any unknown number, but somehow she received it.

Inhal placed the phone onto her ear, wanting the other person to speak first.

"Inhal Omer!" She knew that voice, that voice haunts her for the past year.

Zarrar's voice felt like a plea, his voice held pain and distress.

"Aj akhri baar phone kar raha hun, aj ke baad Zarrar Sikander ka naam ap kabhi bhi nahi sunay gi, akhri baar apki awaz sunana chata hun, akhri baar apko dekhna chata hun."

(Today I'm calling for the last time, from today you will never hear the name Zarrar Sikander again, for last time I want to hear your voice, for last time I want to see you)

Like a lost lover, he stood outside Ahmed's house, the rain drenching him from head to toe. His phone was placed on his ear and his gaze stuck on the window of her room.

With a lot of courage, Inhal spoke. "Where are you?"

There was complete silence from the other side.

Inhal rushed towards her window, pulling the curtains aside, she saw Zarrar standing in the heavy rain.

"Dimag kharab hogya hai apka?" She screeched through the phone, her eyes were wide as she looked down at him.

(Are you out of your mind?)

Inhal turned around and with hurried steps, she opened the main door, it was late at night and everybody was sleeping; she was grateful for that.

A wide smile settled on his lips seeing her.

She stood on the threshold of the house and due to the shelter, the rain couldn't reach her.

She took a step forward but Zarrar stopped her with his hand.

"Don't come near, meray liya itna kafi ha."

(It's enough for me)

His red eyes showed that he was crying, the tears were mingling up with the raindrops which were falling on him like little pebbles.

He closed his eyes for a second, heaving a large breath he opened them.

"Agr junon hota toh shyad mill jati mujha, magar ma junooni nahi ashiq hun jisnay sachi Mohabbat ki ha, pheli nazar ma hi Mohabat hogi thi, ab sochta hun to gussa ata ha ke kiu hui jab meray liye nahi thi app, tu Mohabaat kiu hui?"
He looked at her, the smile was still intact on his face.

(If I have been monomaniacal about you maybe then I could have you, but I'm not a maniac but a lover who loved you purely, it was love at first sight, now when I think about it  I feel angry that why I fell in love with you when you were not for me?)

He was smiling through tears.

"Sachi Mohabbat yahi ha apnay Mehboob ko khush dekhna, agar apki Khushi meray begair ha to Allah humesha apko hush rakhy."

(True love is watching your beloved happy and if your happiness is without me so may God always keeps you happy.)

Inhal's own eyes betrayed her and tears fall out from them.

"There's a pain in my heart which is trying to break my soul both physically and mentally."

He sighed and muttered.

"But don't worry I'll try to overcome it, john Greene said right when he said that Pain demands to be felt, I'm feeling it right now, in my heart, in my mind, and my soul."

For a solid minute, he gazed at her.

"Allah Hafiz, Inhal Omer." Announcing this, the disheveled man left with a heavy heart.

She tried to form words, her trembling lips were glued together.

With her blurred vision, she saw him leaving. She couldn't stop him.

Zarrar left without looking back; completely drenched in water.

"Inhal, what are you outside this time?" Ahmed furrowed his brows after seeing her standing at the threshold of the house at midnight.

She looked at him with bloodshot eyes.

He took a step closer, "Are you alright? What happened Inhal? Tell me."

She blinked her eyes and wiped her wet rosy cheeks.

"Nothing happened, I was just missing Ammi and Baba, wanted to take fresh air."
She lied and bit her lips, lowering her eyes she came inside and closed the door.

"I don't believe you Inhal, still, don't go outside at midnight, take a walk on the lawn, and if you still want to go out call me or Azhar." She nodded at him.

They both entered the house and after locking the gate, Ahmed went towards his room; he came downstairs to drink water and found Inhal alone standing outside.

She went towards her room, locking it from inside, and slides on the door, she held both of her hands on her forehead.
She was continuously shaking her head.

"You don't deserve any kind of happiness, you are a leech who swallowed him, you killed my son, you are the killer of your parents, whoever gets closer to gets killed, you are a sucker of everyone's happiness."

Her mother-in-law's bitter words nagged again and again in her brain.

Inhal was shaking and continuously rubbing her face with her hands.

"Why couldn't you understand Zarrar, I'm not good for you, you'll be dead if I associated myself with you."

Tears leaked from her eyes as she whispered to herself in the silent night.

"Happiness is not written for me then how can I be your prosperity Zarrar? My mother died when I was born, my father died while saving me, my brother hated me all his life because of it, my husband died in just a week of our marriage."

She was sobbing hard and in between her tears she was speaking only one sentence, "I'm a jinx."

Zarrar Sikander loved Inhal Omer but Inhal was stopped by the unfortunate events which happened to her in the past where she had zero faults.
But due to the ignorant people in her life, she became the victim without doing anything.

She shook her head and leaned on the door, her tears dried up and her cheeks and eyes become red.

She dozed off on the floor when sleep captured her.

Inhal was leaving when her Mumani stopped her.

"Inhal, come early today."

She confusedly gazed at her aunt. "Why mumani, is there some special occasion?"

Farzana hesitated but spoke after clearing her throat, "it's Zarrar's Nikkah today, we all are invited."

It's been a week since that rainy night, where he took the oath to never see her again.

Inhal felt shivers ran down to her spine, cold beads of sweat formed on her forehead and she lowered her gaze.

"Oh." She mumbled lightly.

"If you don't want to go it's fine, I will apologize to them on your behalf."
Farzana caressed her thick brown wavy hair which was hiding behind her chiffon dupatta.

She looked up and spoke in a clear tone. "No, I'll come to nikkah, I'll try to come early, Allah Hafiz." Saying this she left her mumani in a daze.