(6)

His mother was over the moon seeing a sudden grandson on her lap.
Her fragile arms firmly held Alyan, from time to time she wiped her happy tears.

His mother didn't ask her anything instead she welcomed her wholeheartedly like she used to.

Azzan went outside to attend a call leaving them alone.

"Apki tabiyat kesi ha ab?"
Her voice was meek and gentle.

(How's your health now?)

"Tumharay anay sey boht behtar hogai ha."
(Your presence make it much better)

Alyan started squirming in his grandmother's hold, asking for his mother to pick him.

Finally, he remembered he has a mother, shafaq thought while holding Alyan.

Her mother-in-law's eyes were glistening with pure love for her and her grandson, she kissed his tiny fist and instructed her to go and take a rest. Nodding at her statement, she went towards the room which she left fifteen months ago.

As she took the first step, memories rushed in her system, the late midnight talks, midnight meals, his habit of placing so many alarms which often led her to shout at him, she remembered how he used to hold her tightly when he had a bad day, his secret gifts which she always finds under the pillow.

A laugh escaped from her lips as she recalled the memories.

But a clearing of the throat brings her back to reality.

Azaan without glancing at her took Alyan from her and went towards the bed.

But Mr. Alyan was not in the mood and he only wanted his mother right now.
He cried until shafaq held him.

"Why he's crying?" Worry laced in Azzan's words.

"He wants me to lay beside him while he drinks his milk and drift off to sleep." a smile etched on her lips while telling him about the habit of Alyan which he follows religiously.

"So, at night he only needs his mother." Azaan narrowed his eyes at her son.

"Exactly!" A giggle escaped from her lips.

Azaan looked at her who was smiling widely, he felt difficult to breathe, her beautiful face was glowing brightly, Azaan felt like he again fell in love with that girl all over again.

He was still in his thoughts when shafaq came back with Alyan's milk bottle in her hand, she changed his diaper first, then put him in his nightwear.

"Ab thori jaga dein humnay sona ha, boht raat hogai ha."
She cleared her throat to jolt Azaan into reality.

(Give us some space now, we want to sleep as it has been very late at night)

Azaan stared at her like she has grown horns on her head.

She faked a cough to get his attention because he was sitting there motionless and was constantly gazing at her.

At last, Alyan's loud shrieking made Azaan stand.

"You both can sleep here, I will be in the guest room." He pivoted on her toes but stopped midway hearing the voice of shafaq.

"Sunein!"

(Listen)

"Han jee, farmaye." Sarcasm dripped in his tone.

(Yes, talk please)

"Woh, Alyan keh raha ha ke wo apkay sath bi sona chata ha." She blinked innocently.

(Alyan is saying that he also wants to sleep with you)

"Acha, Muja to aisa kuch nai sunai dia, kia Alyan sotay huay bolta ha?"
She looked down and saw Alyan sleeping peacefully in her hold, shafaq got embarrassed and bit her lips in anticipation.

(Well, I didn't hear anything, did Alyan sleep talks?)

"Good night." Murmuring, he left the room.

His anger was stabbing a thousand knives in Shafaq's chest; she felt like her heart was left open to bleed and soon angle of death will take her life.
She also knew he was feeling the same but he also wanted to punish her for what she did in the past.

They both were burning together.

However, shafaq made up her mind no matter what happens, she would win him over again, and she would not stop until he gives in and forgives her.

The next morning, she was making breakfast when he entered the kitchen, dressed in a three-piece suit, looking like a model straight out of the magazine.

"I'm going on a business trip for a week, the workers will come in the evening to set Alyan's nursery, Rameez will look at it and if you need anything tell Rameez, he will be present till night."
Her whole plan in convincing him broke down after listening to his declaration.

She had no choice but to just nod at him.

He held Alyan from his walker, kissed him, and murmured something in his ear which made Alyan giggle.

Placing a final kiss on his head, he left with his suitcase in hand.

"Sach sach bato, Baba ney kia kaha tha tumsey, kia woh boht naraz ha mama sey?"
Alyan blabbered in response and giggle with two teeth.

(Tell me honestly, what did Baba said to you? Is he angry with mama!?)

"Haye Allah dono baap beta hi milya huya hain sath aur ma bechari akeli!"

(Oh Allah, both father, and son are on one team and the poor me is alone)

The whole week passed very slowly, he didn't call her neither she did.

In that short period, Alyan's nursery was completed, Rameez - his bodyguard was a major help, he was a gentleman who was performing his duty actively.

Shafaq also had a long conversation with her mother-in-law who shed some tears after hearing the demise of her mother, shafaq made her promise to take the medicines regularly and she accepted just for the sake of her grandson.

On Monday, Azaan returned home, shafaq and Alyan were sitting on the lounge; watching T.V when he came and sat beside her.

Shafaq jumped seeing his sudden presence but his whole attention was on his son who was playing with a toy.

When the father and son detached from each other then, Azaan gazed at her who was smiling while looking at him.

"Did you had a hair cut?" He narrowed his eyes and touched her hair which was shorter and reached her shoulders.

"It was getting hotter and was getting difficult to handle."

"Mera dil kar rahy ha ma us salon ko agg laga kar aon lekin koi baat nai itni bi buri nai lag rahi hon, per ainda apnay baal katwany sey phely us salon ka zarror soch lena jo meray hathon tabha hoga."

(I want to burn down that salon but you're not looking that bad, however, next time think about the saloon before going having a haircut as it might get destroyed by my hands)

A wide smile spread on her lips.

Azaan came forward and pushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Is haftay boht socha many ke tumko maff karon ke na karon."

(This whole past week I thought about whether to forgive you or not)

He came more closer to her, their breath mingled together and Azaan caressed her blushing cheeks with his thumb.

"So, am I forgiven?" she spoke softly.

"I will give this answer in tonight's dinner, be ready at eight, Alyan will stay with mum and Maha."

Lightly kissing her cheek he left with Alyan in his hold and she sat there stunned.

Heyyy!!
How was the chapter, tell me your thoughts, the story is finally coming to go end.
I'm busy nowadays so the next update may take time.
Please keep me in your prayers.
Vote and comment for more
Allah hafiz.