(7)

Shafaq dressed up in a red dress which she found on the bed when she went to get ready, she knew it was from her husband.

With a wide smile etched on her face she added final touches to her look.

She carried her shiny purse and exist the room.

She knew Azaan's cousin - Maha would take good care of Alyan while they would be away, and she was very relieved for that.

Stepping down the stairs, she saw his husband's back who was talking to someone on the phone.

Her clearing of the throat made him turn around, Azaan's breath hitched as he saw the beauty in front of him.

He blinked and licked his dry lips.

"You look breathtaking." He whispered in a hoarse voice and Shafaq felt a chill run down her spine.

She lowered her eyes and rubbed her hands together in anticipation.

In a three-piece suit, he was looking like every girl's dream, his almond eyes were scanning Shafaq from head to toe.

She looked up and bumped her head to his chin, he took a large step and came closer when she was admiring the floor.

Shafaq tried to take a step backward but he held her waist and made her closer.

"Enough of your running, I won't let you go anywhere now." He mumbled against her temple and shafaq closed her eyes to calm her widely beating heart.

She fisted his suit jacket in her hand for support because her legs felt like jello.

"L-let me check on Alyan, then we can go." She whispered while looking upward, his eyes were closed and his forehead was attached to her temple.

Slowly, he opened his eyes, and their gaze locked together, her big round eyes were making his heart skip a beat, he always wondered how had she possess such a magnificent pair of eyes that just one look in them makes you forget your whole existence.

He was deeply staring at her when her timid voice broke his trance of thoughts.

She again spoke but he cut her midway.

"No need for that, I checked on him, he and mum were both sleeping, don't worry Maha will take good care of him, I trust her, now let's go."
Finishing his rant, he held her wrist in a firm grip and exit the house.

They both reached their destination in fifteen minutes, he took her to her favorite restaurant.

A small smile etched on her lips as she remembered the memories related to this place.

It was the place where Azaan officially confessed his love to her and proposed to her.

He took her inside the hotel while firmly holding her hand.

They were seated on the empty rooftop of the restaurant.

"Why there are not people here." She raised her eyebrow in confusion.

"Because I wanted to have alone dinner with my wife."
He flipped the page of the menu and answered her casually.

"This is not how it works you can't make people leave the place where you want to dine in unless you own the place." She lightly chucked but after a second her eyes got wide.

"No way!" Her eyes were wide as the saucers as the realization hit her.

A cheeky smirk formed on his lips, he sipped water from the glass and spoke,
"You are sitting in front of the owner himself, so, no need to worry about the people, they have plenty of space downstairs."

Shafaq parted her lips in surprise and blinked her eyes.

The waiter came and placed all the shafaq's dishes on their table. Shafaq bit her lips to control her tears from falling.

When the waiter left, Azaan placed her right hand on shafaq's left one, their gaze locked with each other and Azaan looked at her with a little smile on his face.

After having the blissful dinner, they both left the restaurant with both their hands in each other hold.

Suddenly, the sky becomes tar-black, and the large clouds started to move rapidly, the thunder boomed in the sky, and the sky spat drops of water.

Azaan quickly cover both of their heads with his suit jacket and moved towards the car.

They both sat in the car and laughter erupted from their chests.

After sometimes the silence took over the car and Azaan was first to destroy it.

"I used to sit on the balcony for hours to watch the rain because it reminded me of you." He whispered but Shafaq heard what he said.

He tilted his head and stare at her, opening his mouth he spoke again. "Did you missed me?"

Without thinking, she answered him. "You never left my mind for even a single second."
A lone tear slipped from her eye and she quickly wiped it off.

"I used to stare at Alyan for hours, he has your face, by looking at him I used to felt that you are with me."

They both stare outside the windshield where the sky was constantly pouring the beads of water, the pitter-patter of the rain was soothing their nerves.

"I accept my mistake, I didn't wait for you, but leaving was the only solution I could think off."

"I forgive you shafaq, I understand your reasons but please before taking a big step come to me, I promise I'll be always there for you, I will listen and would do everything in my hand to ease your pain."
He intertwined their hands and kissed Shafiq's forehead.

"I can't change the past but I don't want to destroy my future because of it, I want to live my life with you by forgetting what happened before."

Shafaq nodded her head and placed her head on his chest.

He caressed her smooth and soft hair with a smile etched on his face.

"I love you, baby, so damn much." He tightened his hold on his waist and whispered against her hair.

They stayed like this for some minutes, detaching from each other both had wide smiles carved on their lips.

******

They both were leaning against the headboard and watching Alyan's newborn baby pictures on shafaq's laptop.

Azaan's eyes were red because of constantly wiping the tears.

"I clicked his picture every day, I used to think that whenever we would meet, I would give you this USP as a present which has Alyan's all the pictures." Shafaq smiled at the picture of her child where he was smiling brightly while sleeping.

Heaving a large tired breath he placed his head on her shoulder and watched all his child's pictures and videos.

Shafaq told him everything that happened in the past fifteen months, he told him about their child's likes, dislikes, which were mostly the same as his father like him, he hated sleeping in the dark, and like Azaan he prefers to hug his pillow while sleeping.

A loud and cheerful laugh erupted from Azaan's chest after listening to his son's habits.

Fate rarely gives you second chance, but when it does hold it tightly and never let that person go which you loved the most in the world.

The End.

Hola!
How are you guys?
This story also comes to an end.
Tell me your thoughts regarding this story.
Nowadays I only open Wattpad to write and close it afterward, I'm sorry for not responding to your messages, I'm preparing for my exams which are keeping me busy, however, there's so much stored in for you guys and after exams, Inshallah will write more.
Please pray that I ace my exams with good grades, I need your prayers.
Also, I have a story in mind I will post the first chapter tomorrow but I will complete it after exams. So, indirectly I'm going on a break till the end of July, so, please bear with me., till then stay safe and vote and comment for more.
Allah hafiz.