Twenty Eight

There we all stood, right bedside Juliet as she was hooked up to an I

There we all stood, right bedside Juliet as she was hooked up to an I.V, the lead pack medic of Crimson-Moon, Leila, putting all her focus on successfully draining Juliet of any and all the wolfsbane that was in her system.

I heard as Tyla sniffed beside me, leaning her head on my shoulder as Sebastian's grip on my hand tightened.

We were all reeling from the death of the Crimson-Moon pack Beta, and friend, Eli.

Though we weren't in as much as pain as Juliet was surely going to be the moment she woke up— losing a mate, it was said to be one of the most painful things to go through, I couldn't imagine being Juliet in that moment of time.

My mind went back to all times I watched Juliet and Eli together, how in love they seemed to be with each other every time they saw one another. It was as if they fell in love with each other over and over again.

I glanced back at Juliet.

We had figured out that when I killed Chase, Ashe must have been so enraged she managed to fight through the wolfsbane— she was due for another injection so the wolfsbane in her system was quite low already.

We assume that she had managed to overpower Juliet and inject her with the wolfsbane that was intended for her. Eli must have gotten involved after seeing Juliet in trouble.

The thought of Ashe made me sick to my stomach— but she was no where to be found anymore.

The woman seemed to have run out of reach and now she is loose in the world.

After the pain she caused, I wished her nothing but death. I just wished Chase's death hadn't led to Eli's death also.

I could feel myself cringing as I thought about how Juliet would feel, waking up without her mate by her side. She didn't deserve this, none of this.

I looked over to her and all I could see was a sweet and innocent woman. She was one of the happiest people I've had the pleasure of knowing.

Even sleeping, she looked so content and peaceful.

I felt as a teardrop fell down my cheek and I sniffled, reaching up and quickly wiping the tear away.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and all of our attention was piqued.

Knock, knock.

The door open and a Crimson-Moon pack member popped her head through.

"Um, Luna Amelia, there are a few people here to see you from the Lotus pack," My eyes widened a fraction as I heard the Lotus pack uttered into the room.

I was so focused on making sure Juliet was going to be OK that I hadn't even been concerned about what would happen with the Lotus pack now that Chase was dead and Ashe was no doubt on the run.