Twenty Seven

I ran as fast as my feet could carry me, bouldering through the doors of the dungeon-- aiming straight of the back garden filled with pack members in the middle of training

All I could picture was Chase and his followers ripping their way through the pack, were we even ready for this battle?

Regardless of if we were ready or not-- it was happening.

I slammed through the doors of the back garden, immediately interrupting the training session that both Tyla and Jaxson were hosting.

"Amelia, are you OK? You look like you've seen a gh--"

"He's here! The Lotus pack is here!" I exclaimed as I frantically ran to Tyla's side, Jaxson in tow.  "We need to get ready now!"

However, it was too late to do anything.

All of a sudden, a wolf came lunging through the woods. The brown wolf managed to take out one of the shifted wolves in the middle of training, sending the entire session in havoc.

Everything moved in slow motion for a moment as I saw multiple more wolves charge out from the woods and directly into the arena of Crimson-Moon pack. Jaxson immediately began barking orders before shifting into a wolf and charging at one of the wolves.

Tyla was quick to gather the younger wolves and order them to go inside-- it was customary for the younglings and mothers to be hidden away in the safe house when there was a threat, it was the best possible way to ensure the legacy of the pack stay safe while the warriors of the pack fought.

'Sebastian!' I cried out in our mindlink, suddenly cursing myself for not being initiated into the Crimson-Moon pack.

Without the initiation, the only person I could successfully mindlink at this time was Sebastian.

'I know, I'm coming right now!' I heard him call back in  our link and then I finally turned my attention to the crowd of fighting wolves.

After all, this was all because of me.

This was my worst nightmare-- honestly the worst possible outcome to come out Chase and Ashe's need for power.

Ashe.

I spun on my heel to see Juliet and Eli running through the doors after hearing the danger. While Eli's eyes were narrowed at the enemy wolves, Juliet stared wide-eyed at the carnage waiting to happen.

"Guys!" I called out, quickly running to them. "Juliet, I need you to guard Ashe-- make sure no one gets to her!" I commanded her, I could sense that Juliet didn't want to be in the middle of this garden so I wasn't surprised when she quickly agreed to my request.

"Wait!" Eli hollered, reaching and grabbing his mate's wrist. "I'm coming with you, I don't trust that--"

"No, you stay here!" Juliet argued, glaring up at her destined lover. "They need y--" I was quick to interupt.