Two

T W O  M O N T H S  L A T E R

"Oh, stop fidgeting so much! You'll crease your dress!" Ashe scolded me, whacking my leg lightly while simultaneously trying to straighten up the fabric of my dress. I grumbled and swatted her hand away from the blue silk before crossing my legs and edging them away from her.

"I'm not a child, Ashe," I said to her, furrowing my brows at my Beta's mate for a moment before turning my head back to the event happening before us. 

We were at the Alpha's Ball, the ball that everyone looks forward to every year-- it is one of the fanciest celebrations to happen yearly. 

The Ball was especially for the higher-ranked members of the pack, especially for the Alpha, Luna, Beta, and their mates of the pack-- which was why both Ashe and I sat in the massive yet filled grand hall. 

Ashe was the Beta's mate, my Beta's mate. Ashe and Chase were a beautiful love story and every time I landed eyes on them, my heart clenched slightly knowing that I was yet to find my mate. 

I was twenty-two already, yes there was time to find my mate but did I have time to spare? 

After my parents' death-- shortly after Fiona announced to me that there was nothing to do for them-- I was immediately crowned as the official Luna of the Lotus Pack. 

The Lotus Pack was and will always be my family-- regardless of if I had parents to guide me-- and the pack were quick to accept me as their leader. 

I mean, they have known me since the day I was born and my family was very loved-- our pack has always been a gentle pack though we do have the fighters to have our back. 

Unlike other packs within the world, ours held love and trust over violence and power. 

Despite that, we hold the title as one of the biggest packs in our region as well as one of the strongest given our warriors and fighters that stand on the line of protection. 

Suddenly, a finger snap pulled me out of my thoughts-- my head jolting slightly as I shook myself from my thoughts. "Hey, earth to Amelia!" I turned and gave Ashe a deadpan look. 

"What?" 

She tilted her head towards the front of the room and towards the stage. "They're starting the announcements!" She whispered loudly at me, before gently slapping me in the arm. "And stand up straight, you're a Luna now," Her words held tightly on my heart, I was Luna. 

"I know I am," I grumbled again, instantly self-conscious about my posture. I quickly straightened myself up and focused my sights on the stage in front of me. 

Every year at this Ball there were announcements that are made when a new leader has been crowned, so that it is popular knowledge to all of the Alphas and Lunas of the packs. It was one of the easiest methods to get the word around than simply hearing through the vines.