Twenty Four

As I sat in the empty bedroom, I pondered if the decision I made was the smartest decision I could make made-- my thoughts flickering make to the moment between Sebastian and I where we both marked one another

We furthered the mating process. I wasn't doubting that I wanted to, at the end of the Sebastian was mine and I was his, however, the one thing I was doubting was the time.

Maybe Sebastian was right to pause the moment, but I insisted it was the right time.

But was it? I wasn't too sure anymore.

Sebastian was discussing work with his warriors and Eli at the moment, while Jaxson controlled the guards down in the dungeon-- with Ashe rotting if I had any say in it.

My heart continued to ache every time my mind wandered back to Ashe. I couldn't fathom how someone could be so cold-hearted and calculated like Ashe appeared to be. I felt as if I had wasted my entire childhood surrounded by liars and tricks.

Unconsciously, my hand reached and intertwined with the chain of my family necklace that hung on my neck. It almost felt as if my family were still with me while I wear this necklace.

I spent days after the death of my parents grieving them with Chase and Ashe by my side, only for them to be the reason I was suddenly considered to be an orphan. It wasn't soon after that that I was thrown into the life of being a Luna of such a large pack-- how was I supposed to know if I was any good at it.

'Are you alright, Lia?' I heard in my mind, my eyes widened in shock for a moment before quickly mentally pushing myself over it. It was Sebastian.

One of the new additions to my life thanks to the mate mark, a new private mind link between Sebastian and I.

'Amelia, I can feel you almost drowning in worry-- Has something happened to you?' I rolled my eyes-- another addition due to our mate mark, our feelings were now one.

What I felt, Sebastian could also feel. What Sebastian, I could also feel. It was almost as if there was no more privacy in the relationship.

'I'm OK, just tired,' I didn't completely lie to my mate, it was true.

The day had completely tired me out-- it started as I woke up in a dirty dungeon, locked in a cell by Chase and Ashe, and now it has finished with me stuck with the news that my ex-best friend may be one of the people I have had the displeasure of knowing.

I didn't want Sebastian to know that I was rethinking our marks with one another, it wasn't because I didn't care for him.

What if Ashe found out and used the bond as a method to torture either Sebastian or I? Something in my mind made me believe that Ashe was 100% capable of doing absolutely anything.

The mark made us vulnerable, and I wasn't too sure that this was the best time to be vulnerable.

'I can basically feel you shaking with emotion, are you sure you're OK. I can come back upstairs if you'd like,'