chapter 1

I was sitting next to Kurt on the examination table, it was 2 am and Kurt's head was resting in my lap and I was mindlessly running my fingers through his chestnut hair with my left hand, and with my right hand, I was holding his hand that was cold and clammy from being sick all day and night for the past 3 days.

Burt and Carole were also in the room sitting on a couch with worried expressions on their faces. Finn was waiting in the car sleeping probably. I was texting him updates about the wait though so there was always communication.

Kurt had a look of fear plastered on his adorable face, his ice-blue eyes had tears in them that I quickly whipped away, "I'm scared Blainey," Kurt whined a little, "it's going to be ok Kurtie bug, it's probably just the flu or something simple like that," I said comfortingly but I'm not sure if it came out that way. he Just whimpered something I couldn't hear before a female doctor that I didn't recognize walked in. I could feel my heart rate going up as I knew she was going to be telling us what the test results say, and I wasn't sure if what I had told Kurt earlier would be true, but all I could do was sit there and hold his hand while we got the results.

"Hi you must be Kurt Hummel, I'm Dr. Taylor," the doctor said while I was trying to help Kurt sit up. "hi, yeah, I'm Kurt Hummel, and this is my boyfriend Blaine Anderson and my dad and step-mom, Carole" Kurt replied sleepily. "what did the test results say?" I asked nervously, Kurt squeezed my hand tightly almost breaking my hand. "yes, what did the test results say?" Carole asked. Dr. Taylor looked quickly at the file in her hand and looked back up at us with a look of sympathy which made me more nervous and Kurt squeezed my hand tighter almost breaking my wrist.