CHAPTER 18

CHAPTER 18

EVELYN'S P.O.V

I was sitting in my office, checking some client's files, when someone knocked at the door. I said come in and when I looked at the person who stood in my office, I saw Rachael standing in front of the table where I was working ,looking at me with a side smirk resting on her face. She gave me that expression whenever she was planning something against me. But I acted as if I didn't care and returned her a smile. Her smirk immediately faded and it was immediately replaced with an irritated expression .She glared at me and told me," Don't act so innocent when you are not". Actually let me tell you from when she disliked me. Her colleagues filled her ear that I disliked her and always filled Isaac's ear against her and she believed that too .I personally didn't have any problem with her and I was never against her, instead I admired her for her hardworking nature and for her popularity but she obviously disliked me ,I was sure about that. She gave me a look and if looks could kill, I would have been dead till now. After some time she said," Be ready to leave this office because this would be your last day, sweetie", she said with a slight smirk and walked away from there .

This time ,what was she planning to do? I thought to myself and started doing my work again. Suddenly I felt hungry because in the morning I only had a small packet of ramen. I saved my file on my desktop and proceeded to leave my office cabin and decided to walk to the nearby restaurant have a lavish meal because I at least deserved that after a bone breaking hard work.

After I left the office building and walked to the nearby restaurant ,I saw that Rachael was already seated at one of the table of the restaurant with a man who was no doubt attractive but somewhat I didn't feel good vibes from him .I decided to mind my own business and ordered my food .I was browsing through my Instagram when I felt the necessity to go to the washroom .As I stood up from my seat to go to the wash room ,I didn't know the way, so I went to the woman sitting in the counter and asked for the way ,when I turned around, suddenly I collided with someone and when I was about to say sorry to that person, I heard a metal clink ,a sound when something metallic fell to the floor ,thinking that it might be a coin or something ,I decide to help the person pick it up, whatever felt to the floor as a basic etiquette .I immediately recognized the person who I collided with .He was the same person from before ,who was sitting with Rachael ,As I crouched down to pick the coin from the floor to help him ,I was shocked after seeing what that thing was .Actually it wasn't a coin or anything. It was actually a rod kind of thing but it looked somewhat heavy .Before I could see what it was clearly, he picked it up and put it inside his pocket from where it fell , while we collided .He quickly uttered a sorry to me and went towards the direction of the table where Rachael was sitting and proceeded to sit there.

DO VOTE AND LEAVE A SMALL COMMENT READERS. LOL TODAY I SOMEHOW COMPLETED MY TWO ASSIGNMENTS. EVEN THOUGH I STILL HAVE PLENTY MORE ASSIGNMENTS TO COMPLETE BUT COMPLETING TWO FOR NOW IS MAKING ME FELL LIKE I AM ON TOP OF THE WORLD. AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WHOSE YOUR FAVOURITE CHARACTER IN THIS BOOK AND I GUESS I WILL BE MAKING A SLIGHT CHANGE IN SOME CHARACTER MORE LIKE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT SO BE READY FOR A LITTLE BIT SURPRISE.  

                                                                   THANK YOU FOR READING XXX ♥ .