Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Third-person P.O.V

Dani gazed at Heidi as she dragged on her clothes. She couldn’t help but admire the blonde girl as she slept and smiled at how beautiful she looked in the midmorning light.

She hated having to get out of bed or leave her side, especially when they could still be naked beneath the sheets, but she had promised to meet Jamie for lunch and she couldn’t ditch her again.

She finished dragging on her shoes before she picked up her phone and Heidi’s car keys from the dresser. She walked over to her sleeping beauty and placed a gentle kiss on her cheek. The contact made her stir, but it didn’t wake her.

Dani smiled at her and glance at the note she left on the night table, telling Heidi she was borrowing her car and letting her know that she’d be back soon, before she left the room.

She made her way downstairs and into the kitchen, hoping to grab a cup of coffee before she went, only to stumble into her best friend. Aria sat around the island with her eyes buried in the day’s paper and a plate of toast and eggs before her.

Dani paused, contemplating going back upstairs until she could sneak away without being seen. But just as the thought came, Aria’s eyes found her.

Aria studied her friend thoroughly as if looking for something hidden beneath her skin or beneath the scarf she wore. She suspected what could be underneath because she too had done that when Foxx had accidentally marked her. But her suspicions only grew further when Dani attempted to pull the garment tighter around her neck as she passed towards the coffee maker.

“Good morning, Aria.” She greeted. “I thought you went home last night.”

Aria chewed her toast with an amused smile, ignoring her friend’s statement as she asked a question of her own. “Why are you wearing a scarf? It’s almost summer.”

Dani froze again in the middle of pouring out some coffee. She tried to think up a response, but she couldn’t come up with anything and she wasn’t about to admit to Aria what she and her sister had done.

Slowly, her eyes met her friends, despite the burning heat in her cheeks. She attempted to lie, pulling the scarf around her neck some more. “I like scarfs.”

Aria laughed as she took another bite of her toast. “Yeah, right and I’m Jesus. How was it?”

“How was what?” Dani stared at her for a while, pretending to be clueless, but the blush on her face gave her away completely.

“The sex. Dah!” Aria responded as she got up from around the counter and snatched the scarf from around Dani’s neck with one quick movement.

Dani attempted to grab it, but it was too late, and Aria already exposed her. Still, she lounged at her friend. “Aria, give me that!”

Her words came out through gritted teeth, but Aria wasn’t the least bit bothered by it. She was too busy already counting up all the love marks on her friend’s neck and the two she spotted on her chest. A smile crept across her face as she shouted. “Oh, my God! You are no longer a Virgin Mary!”