Chapter 18- Looking for The Bad Boy

Annabeth POV💖

Before I knew it, it was Monday morning and I was nervous, I took special effort in getting ready today because I knew I was going to have that conversation with Ryder over our future. I don't know why but I felt like if I looked the prettiest I could that he would possibly not reject me. Shallow thoughts I know, but I really wanted to look the prettiest for him. Today I would know what was stopping him from being with me and saying I was nervous was an understatement, my heart felt like it would jump out of my throat any minute. I wore a navy blue and white checkered short skirt and a white blouse that my mum approved of. As I walked into school my heart was pounding in my chest.

Amelie was not in today because her brother was coming down from Japan after a study exchange program so all I had for company was Dylan, who seemed to not be able to take his eyes off my legs as we walked everywhere together. Ryder and his friends were nowhere to be seen and I was starting to think that my kiss was so terrible that he had taken his friends and left the country.

It was the end of school and I shut the locker with a bang restless that I hadn't seen Ryder yet. I rested my head against the locker thinking about what I should do when I hear Claire behind me "Hey Anna". I turn around and look at her tight top and skirt and the cleavage that she was showing. Not what I wanted to deal with especially because seeing her reminded me that she had slept with Ryder which in my head meant that he liked her more than me. "Yea" I smile at her brightly not letting my frustration show on my face. 

She smiles at me sweetly "Would you like to join the cheerleading team, we have a vacant spot, one of the girls has gained a few pounds and i really cannot have that look in the team, you know what I mean?" she makes a disgusted face and then quickly smiles at me her head cocking to one side. 

I really wanted to beat her face in at how mean she was being and also because Ryder seemed to like her more than me to sleep with her but I controlled myself. "Yea I don't mind, I did a fair bit of cheerleading in my old school" 

She smiles at me again and steps back taking a look at me from top to bottom slowly nodding her head in approval "Youll do, pop by the bleachers tomorrow after school, ill need to see if your any good" she turns around to walk and then as if she remembers something she turns and looks at me. "By the way, the girls and I are going to a match tonight you wanna come?'' she looks at me curiously. 

I shake my head "No I am all good, I have some homework to catch up on". She purses her lips while an evil look took over her face "Oh no?, I thought you might like to see Ryder getting his ass whipped tonight, considering how he's your boyfriend Dylan's mortal enemy?" she looks at me innocently. I knew this was a test and I knew I had to pass. I look at her disinterested "No, why would I want to waste my time and see Ryder when I could be home doing my homework which trust me is more interesting than seeing Ryder," I scoff "oh, and by the way " I continue "Dylan's not my boyfriend''. 

Claire looked at me curiously "Hmm, not yet, but Dylan always gets what he wants so, doesn't matter what you think, you are going to be his girlfriend soon which is one reason why I need you on the cheerleading squad, considering how you're going to be a part of our circle" she switches back to a smile " Anyway I am going to go and watch Ryder at his match you know, considering how he'll want to hook up after his match, he's always horny after " she giggles while I continue to hold onto the mask of indifference on my face. 

She studies my face again convinced that I was not even remotely interested in Ryder " I like you Anna" she smiles at me brightly "I think we will get along just fine''. She flips her blonde hair with her hand and walks off.

I watch her walk away my heart breaking into a hundred pieces. She knew where he was and she was going to see him for sex. My head was spinning and my eyes filled with tears when I feel someone cover my eyes from behind. I quickly pull the hands-off and turn around to see Dylan smiling. "Hey beautiful'' he smiled widely and I didn't think twice before I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him. He was taken by surprise but he quickly hugged me back. I inhaled his scent and tried to calm myself before I broke out of the hug.