Ch. 18 - Jealousy

As both Rachel and Cain skated towards the rink door the high school hockey players started catcalling them and whistling. 

"Well I think our secret's out," Cain laughed. 

"Yeah. I'd say so," she told him, her face blushing red. "I'm not looking forward to what coach is going to say when he finds out." 

The rink door opened and the guys skated out past them. 

"Way to go coach. Get it!" one of them said, making them both laugh. 

"Ow, ow, owwwww!" one of them said, howling like a wolf.

"Hey! Guys let's treat Rachel with a little respect please. Damn!" he yelled at them, shaking his head. "Sorry about that. Teenage boys are pigs," he said, turning to her and looking down at her face.  

"Oh I know. My brother is one," she laughed. "I've gotta get to lunch but I'll see you at the gym later," she smiled, stretching up on her tiptoes and giving him a quick kiss. 

"See you at the gym," he said with a smile, as he skated away backwards with a wink and then he turned around, skating out to the guys to start hockey practice. 

On her way to lunch Rachel couldn't help but worry about the fact that Cain's hockey players knew about them now because that meant it was only a matter of time before Coach Sumners would find out too. She could hear his voice right now telling her Cain was an unnecessary distraction and that she needed to stay focused on her training. She was sure he would try to keep her from seeing him. She really wished she hadn't been so careless, kissing Cain at the rink like that. She had just been so excited about that triple she wasn't thinking clearly. 

She usually would take a nap on her hour long lunch break but today she didn't feel tired at all. She was starting to get used to the new sleep schedule and it also helped that she slept like a baby last night after having her needs completely satisfied by Cain after a long, two year drought. 

For lunch she ate some fresh fruit, a salad with shredded grilled chicken, a hardboiled egg, green pepper slices, avocado and quinoa and an electrolyte water. She was sure this healthy eating and cutting out alcohol was also part of the reason she was feeling so much better lately. 

When she got to the gym for her personal training session she sat by the front desk and waited for Cain. She was early and he was finishing up hockey practice. He came in with his hair wet from a shower, wearing gym shorts and a baggy tank top that showed his strong chest that said 'Hockey Coach' across the front and his large hockey duffel slung over his arm. He was looking so hot.

 "Hey Cain," she said, getting up and walking over to him with a smile. 

"Hey superstar," he smiled. "Follow me." 

He went to the back room and set his heavy duffel bag down and led her out to the harness machine but it was over the floor now instead of over a trampoline. 

"Ok. I want you to get in this harness and practice your spins. I want you to jump up as hard as you can and spin as fast as you can, and keep trying until you can get four full rotations. I know I don't have to tell you, but it's going to take a really strong jump and a lot of speed to do it. I'll come back and check on you in a bit."

"Ok," she said, feeling weird that he was being so formal and didn't give her a kiss. She realized he was at work though and he obviously didn't want to get fired for being unprofessional.

She hooked the harness around her waist and practiced jumping up in the air and spinning as fast as she could, tucking her arms in tight to her chest. It really did help.