Melting Kingdom

Weeks went by and I never heard from Jack again, I completely put him out of my mind and kept on going with my life. The forest kept me occupied, I don't know why but things were changing, the forest still had my magic but it was like Mother Nature taking over. It's fascinating how everything just works, everything has its purpose and not even magic can change it. Recently I've notice that there are times when the dark clouds clear up, it's not always snowing and there has even been days that have gotten a little warmer.

Another difference is the plant life, more trees began sprouting, trees I haven't seen in this land since I was young, I used my magic to age them and help them grow big and strong. And since the snow doesn't cover the ground like it used to, grass, plants and flowers have begun growing, the beauty and the energy everything was releasing felt amazing. I even notice a herd of deer move into the forest, now Luna and her pack had something to hunt. Even birds came back to the kingdom, some were pretty annoying one in particular that loved to sing by my window I was tempted to kill it. At night I could hear loud cracks of the ice melting, the ocean south of the castle that was frozen solid was slowly breaking apart, the ocean taking the ice with it. Little by little life was returning to the kingdom, many times I looked in the mirror and wondered if the change around me meant I was closer to death but then something caught my eye. The bracelet Jack gave, it was like his positive energy rubbed off on me.

I was still an old man and with each passing moment I became aware of my mortality but I didn't care, I was just happy to be alive. But something did change in me I always had the glamour spell on me even when I was alone but one day as I walked by a mirror I decided to remove it, and there it was. I didn't look as "horrible" as I thought I could even see something different, my eyes were a different color almost light blue and I haven't even noticed but my vision has gotten better. My hair has has always been shoulder length, thin but now it feels thicker stronger, still silver white but beautiful. And my hands, it has been a while since I've done any dark spells and as a result my fingertips which were always tar black like rotten skin have gotten better, lately all I've done is help nature grow and my hands have almost turned back the color they were. I stared at my reflection and for the first time I was happy being me, I didn't need the glamour spell anymore.

One day I was in the garden behind the castle, the flowers were in full bloom and I even had a small group of deer eating grass, they were comfortable with me and I loved having them around. Even Luna left the deer alone, there was enough food for everyone and since the snow melted and grass grew all around, there was enough food for the deer and rabbits, enough animals to feed the wolfs and in return Luna and the pack were less aggressive. We were all a happy family, until...

"Hey Robin" I turned around and there was Jack with his axe in his belt and the same beautiful smile he always carried. The deer ran off, Luna came rushing to my side even she was surprise to see Jack, she's usually very good in not letting anyone surprise her.

"Jack, what...how did you get here?"

"I walked, I don't know if you've notice but the forest has gotten friendlier, did you do that?"

"Friendlier? All the moving trees are still in the forest..."

"Yeah but now there's so many trees they can't really move around"

"I haven't notice. Wait! Did you call me Robin?"

"Robin yes, isn't that your name? King Robin. I've never met a king before"

"Who told you my name is Robin...never mine, anyway I haven't gone by that name in years my name is Raven."

"Raaay-ven" He stretch out my name sounding it out, he walked around the garden looking at the flowers, again he reminded me of a small child, those eyes, the way he looks at things its like he's never seen anything before.