Chapter 14

After Bella had run away from James, and faked a break up with Edward. Charlie didn't really like the guy...
It was Bella's birthday, mine was a month later. And that's when at any moment, I could scream and stop ageing...

My powers had been growing more and more, it was hard to stay sane sometimes, feeling all the death around you for miles...
Jasper had to calm me down more often during the night and day. But he was always near me...

I jumped out of bed and took the drawing I made of Bella and René out of my sketchbook. It was my birthday present for her.
I saw Charlie and we came into her room.

I jumped on her bed and hugged her. "Happy Birthday Bella!" I shouted.
She looked at the presents. "I thought we agreed no presents" she said.
"Well, mine and Charlie's aren't wrapped. So they don't count" I said and gave her my drawing.

"Emma... this is beautiful. Thank you" she said and I smiled.
Charlie gave her the camera and the present from her mom.
"That's actually great. Thanks, Dad" she said.

"It goes with this one from your mom. We coordinated. Well, she coordinated me" said Charlie and she opened it up. It was a picture book. "It's to, uh, put your pictures in from senior year. Senior year... how did you get so old so fast?"

"I didn't. It's not that old" said Bella.
"I don't know" I said. "I think you're getting grey like me" I smiled.
"No" she said but went to look in the mirror anyway, making me chuckle.
"Happy birthday" I said and left the room when she threw a pillow at me.

~

I put on Jasper's jacket, it was comfy and it helped me when he wasn't nearby.
He'd often gave me some of his clothes, since he was taller than me and I like bigger clothes.
Bella and I drove to school and we immeadiatly saw our friends.

"Today's the big day, Bella" said Jessica and Bella became nervous. "Uh, R and J essay due?"
"Oh, yeah" said Bella.
"Wherefore art thou, Bella?" said Mike.

"Let me take a picture of you guys" said Bella. "My mom wants me to put together, like, a big scrapbook full of memories"
"Oh, cool, yeah. Come on, Emma" said Eric and he pulled me closer to the group.
"I take them, I'm not in them, so..." said Angela but I pulled her closer.

"If I have to be in the picture, then so do you" I said and smiled.
"It's good" said Bella when she took the picture.
"Oh, good" said Eric.
"Cullen's here" said Mike. "Hale too"

"Yay" said Eric.
"Well, talk to you later" said Jessica and I went to Alice and Jasper.
"Good morning" I said and smiled.
"Good morning" said Jasper.

"Emma! So where is Bella? I need to talk to her about the party" said Alice and I chuckled.
"You're throwing her a party? She almost got mad at me for drawing her a picture for her birthday" I said.

"It's her birthday! It should be celebrated! Don't think you can get away next month!" she said.
"Wouldn't dream of it" I sighed and we walked inside.
Jasper laid his arm over my shoulder and kissed my hair. "Alice does love parties" he said.

"Bella!" Alice shouted and jumped over the rails of the stairs. "Happy birthday!"
"Shh! Shh!" shushed Bella and Alice hugged her.
Alice gave her the dress and I stayed back with Jasper.

"I thought I said no presents" said Bella.
"I've already seen you open it, and guess what? You love it" said Alice. "You're gonna wear it tonight. Our place"
Bella wasn't happy about the party, like I thought...

"Come on, please?" begged Alice. "It'll be fun"
I noticed Jasper trying to control Bella's mood and I chuckled.
"Okay, all right" said Bella.
"You dirty cheater" I whispered and Jasper smiled.

"Great! Okay, I'll see you at seven" said Alice.
"Jasper! No fair with the mood control thing" said Bella, she caught him.

"Sorry, Bella" said Jasper. "Happy... never mind" he said and we walked to our class.
"If you do that to me when Alice does this next month. I'll kill you" I said and he laughed.
"Noted" he said.

~

Alice made me wear a pretty dress, with no heels this time.
Jasper twirled me around and smiled.
"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.
"Because you are beautiful" he said and kissed my hand.

His eyes were dark, he would have to go hunt soon.
"My, my, what flattery, Mr. Whitlock" I said and he smiled.
"I only have eyes for you, Miss Marshall" he said and I blushed.
"Here she comes!" said Alice and Bella came downstairs.

Jasper stood behind me, his hands on my waist.
"Sorry about all this. We tried to rein Alice in" said Carlisle.
"As if that were even possible" said Esme. "Happy birthday, Bella"

Alice took pictures with Bella's camera.
"I... found it in your bag. You mind?" she asked and Bella shook her head.
"Dating an older woman. Hot" said Emmett, making me snort.
"I'm so sorry" I said.

"You first, Rosalie" said Alice. Rosalie gave Bella reluctantly the present.
"It's a necklace. Alice picked it out" said Rosalie.
"Thanks" said Bella.

Alice dragged Edward next to Bella. "Show me the love" she said and took a picture of Bella and Edward.
"This one's from Emmett" said Alice and gave Bella a huge box, but it was empty.
"Already installed it in your truck" said Emmett. "Finally a decent sound system for that piece of..."

"Hey! Don't... don't hate the truck" said Bella.
"Open Esme and Carlisle's" said Alice.
"Just a little something to brighten your day" said Carlisle.

"Yes, you've been looking kind of pale lately" said Esme.
Bella tried to open it, but she cut her finger...
I felt Jasper tense up...

"Ow... paper cut" said Bella. I saw a drop of blood fall on the ground.
Rosalie grabbed my arm and pulled me out of Jasper's arms, who began to run towards Bella...