28.

𝗗𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿  𝟮𝟯,𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟵
𝗢𝗸𝗹𝗮𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗮 𝗖𝗶𝘁𝘆, 𝗢𝗸𝗹𝗮𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗮
𝗖𝗿𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗛𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘀 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗸 𝗔𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘅
𝟴𝟭𝟮𝗕
𝟯:𝟭𝟮𝗮𝗺

𝗖𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘆

   I looked around the closet one more time to be sure I had packed up all my belongings into my bags

   I looked around the closet one more time to be sure I had packed up all my belongings into my bags.  I sighed opening up my phone going to my email, double checking my flight information. Today, I'd be heading back home to Texas.

   4:30am.

   I crept out the closet, looking over to the bed seeing Kierra was still sound asleep. I had to get away from this psychotic bitch asap.

   Everyday with this girl it was some shit: fucking up my property, accusing me of shit, calling me out my name, and putting her gahdamn hands on me, and I couldn't prove it but I was pretty sure she was cheating on me.

All that opened up my eyes to see the wrong I had done to the women I had in my life back in Texas. Which drove me to the decision that I had to go back, and truly apologize, and do the right things.

I wasn't going back to pursue any type of relationship with any of them, or to try sweet talking them out they panties. I just wanted to come clean, and do right.

"Now boarding Flight 549C one way to Dallas, Texas," The intercom called.

I stood up, grabbing my duffle bag walking to the line of people.

•••

I knocked on the door, then stepped back. It was six in the morning, so I wasn't expecting her to be awake.

The door creaked open, she looked at me a moment.

"Corey," She squealed hugging my neck tight.

"Hey ma," I hugged her back. "You mind letting me crash here a while?"

"You're my son," She looked at me. "You can always stay."

I sat on the sofa that was wrapped in plastic while she was in the kitchen boiling some chamomile tea. I looked around the living room of the pictures she had up.

I stopped seeing some new pictures surrounding the ones she had of Khorie. I got up walking up to the table picking up one.

"That's Khyran Joseph," She pointed to the first baby boy. "And this is Kyrie Jeremiah. Your identical twin sons."

I smiled nodding placing the picture back down, "And this one more up to date?"