𝟭𝟲.

𝗝𝘂𝗹𝘆 𝟱,𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟵
𝗦𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗛𝗼𝘀𝗽𝗶𝘁𝗮𝗹
𝟱𝘁𝗵 𝗙𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗿 ; 𝗦𝘂𝗿𝗴𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗨𝗻𝗶𝘁
𝟭:𝟱𝟲𝗽𝗺

𝗣𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗹𝗲𝘆

   I sighed pacing the floor, waiting on a doctor, nurse, somebody who was anybody to cone with an update on my daughter

   I sighed pacing the floor, waiting on a doctor, nurse, somebody who was anybody to cone with an update on my daughter. When we arrived to the hospital the doctors took her straight back to surgery, they said she had a brain bleed.

I began to feel dizzy, I sat down in a chair, my leg shaking rapidly against the floor. This hospital unlocked a load of trauma for me, this was the hospital I was admitted into after my miscarriage, this was the hospital Marquis died in. I refused to lose my baby girl.

"What they saying," Dontrell walked into the hospital holding me tight. "She gon pull through right?"'

"I-..,I don't know anything right now," I sobbed into his white tee.

"Where the fuck he at," Keantre got loud as he ran the doors with Jacobe in tow. "I'm gon kill his bitch ass. I put that on Marquis."

"Tre," I sighed looking at him. "He's not here. I'm not for sure if he did anything."

"Don't be naïve," Cobe shook his head sticking his hands in his pockets. "If she had bruises he did some shit."

"But she's his daughter," I looked down.

"Who cut her cord," Keantre got down on his knees in front of me. "Yea. I been more of a daddy than he ever been."

"You leaving him after this," Dontrell shook his head.

"I love him," I spoke soft.

"Well surprise," Keantre got loud again. "He don't fucking love you."

   "May I speak with the family of Khorie Brooks," a tall blonde woman spoke coming from the back in scrubs, with a clipboard in hand.

   My anxiety skyrocketed as I stood up, my knees felt like gelatin beneath me. "I-..I'm her mother."

   My brothers stood with me as the woman came closer.

   "She's out of surgery," She smiled. "The doctor will speak more in depth with you about everything. But you can see her now."

   I sighed squeezing Keantre's hand as we followed the nurse to the post-op room, she was covered in tubes, and hooked up to so many machines — her tiny body looked so worn out.

   "Hey baby," I whispered rubbing my fingers on her small hand. "Mommy's here baby. Mommy's right here."

   "Once she wakes we'll be transferring her into a normal room," The nurse whispered. Keantre was turned facing away from me but I could hear him crying.