Chapter 11

[Rinko Akiyama finds herself teleported to the Plumbers' Headquarters.]

Rinko: The Plumbers' Base...

[She stands up and takes in her surroundings.]

Rinko: I was brought to the homeworld of the Max Tennyson somehow...but why?

[Before her, one of the Plumbers begins speaking.]

Plumber: Two universes are colliding. Your fellow Taimanins are elsewhere doing what they can to combat the crisis.

Rinko: That would explain Asagi's sister's attack - whatever's happening on the world must be affecting her more directly than the rest of us.

[Behind Rinko, the techno-portal opens up. Ingrid and her buddy Saya step out of it and it closes behind them.]

Rinko: I have to get back to Bellwood.

Ingrid: Yes...you do.

Rinko: Ingrid and Says Neo? How?

Saya: Ingrid and I were held captive in the invaders underground base. Their security was more pathetic than the Osaka museum.

Ingrid: We escaped using their portal technology. I calibrated it to transport us to Bellwood but there was obviously a malfunction. We ended up here.

Rinko: Now I know I need to get back to Earth. If Black's involved, things can't be good.

Ingrid: Typical...

[Ingrid turns to the Plumbers while he continues talking.]

Ingrid: You're no better than that bastard Black. (to Max) Your grandson is needing help and his so-called teammates focus on the little picture. The swords...have you ever noticed how she uses it?

[The rage begins to take over Ingrid as she speaks.]

Ingrid: Slaying orcs, robots and even giant animals...

[Her eyes now glow yellow.]

Saya: What's the matter with you, Lady Ingrid?

Rinko: His eyes...just like Asagi's sister.

Ingrid: You lack determination, Rinko Akiyama! You always have! Someone like me should have that boy's love!

Rinko: Over my dead body, Ingrid!

Ingrid: Just the way I like it!

[They fight. Although she is underpowered, Rinko manages to keep Ingrid at bay through her fighting skill. She eventually knocks Ingrid down and the rage wears off. While Ingrid picks himself up, the Plumbers intervene.]

Plumber: This is a foolish waste of valuable time. The merging of worlds is contaminating the galaxy, infecting your very substance with rage. For the moment we can control it here on the base, but if unchecked, it will spread across the universes.

Rinko: Then we'll stop it.

Plumber 2: If it continues to progress at this rate, energies throughout will be redistributed and corrupted.

Plumber 3: None of us will be unaffected or remain intact.

Plumber: Nor will any other being in the galaxy escape. Neither universe will survive.

Ingrid: Why is this happening?

Plumber 2: We are uncertain of the cause, but we believe this anomaly originated on Earth, at the moment of Vilgax's defeat.

Rinko: Does Blacl know anything about that, Ingrid?

Plumber: It is highly unlikely that Edwin Black is capable of influencing devastation on such a cosmic scale.

Ingrid: Black would somehow be insulted by this.

Plumber 2: You must work together to locate the source of disruption and destroy it before the merge is complete.

Rinko: Looks like we have no choice.

Saya: Don't worry beautiful, we won't bite...much.

Plumber: Earth is under your protection.

[A new sword appears, suspended in mid-air.]

Plumber: We cannot spare any of the Plumber Corps to help. Take this new sword and return quickly. There is not much time.

[Rinko steps forward to the sword and takes it, she sees it glow with energy.]

Rinko: That's more like it.

Ingrid: So what's it going to be, Rinko? Do we work together or do I have to save the world in spite of you?

Rinko: Remember...I don't trust you, Ingrid.

Ingrid: The feeling is mutual.

[They are all transported off the Plumbers' Headquarters.]

[To be continued]