CHAPTER 8, Promise?

I am really sorry for the delay guys. School is way worse than hell. My exams just ended. I will try to update weekly. Love you all. Thanks for bearing with me. Please go easy on me.

<3 MINI_thinker

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucas's POV...

It's been three days since we confessed to each other. During this time we both got to know about each other more. Kyle will come in the morning and stay until late night, of course he doesn't go alone, I will drop him off. We both agreed to take things smooth and slow. I feel happy with him, way more than I was with anyone before.

Today Kyle said he will meet me at 10, but its only 9:56. And here I am waiting impatiently in my room. Should I call him? What if he is driving? Oh god! Why am I sounding so needy? What have you done to me Kyle? Why am I so head over heels for you? Am I falling for him? Isn't it too early for that? Only in three days? No... Maybe my 'like' for him is too strong. Yeah! Probably that.

After waiting for like 10 more minutes, what felt like an eternity. My door opened, revealing a cute and adorable Kyle, peeking his head inside.

I gestured him to come in and sit beside me. Instead he stood in front of me.

"Hey!" he smiled brightly, biting his lip. Ahh... This boy doesn't even know what he does to me. Instead of replying, I pulled him to my lap and kissed him. He kissed me back, with same force, wanting more.

Our moment was interrupted, when a scream was heard, we broke our kiss, only to see Riya, Hunt covering her mouth and Albert smirking. Albert, Albert Lucifer my best friend from childhood. He came back from his business trip with his dad yesterday. The only and only heir of Lucifer empire, Our business partner. When he came yesterday, he and the child duo went along really well, which surprised me. Because, he was the type, who will not talk easily to a stranger. So, that's how the duo became the trio.

"You guys are soo cute..." Riya yelled, taking us both in a bear hug.

"Seriously, why the hell did you yell? It was getting hot..." Hunt pinched Riya's arm playfully.

"Ouch! That hurts and how could I not. It's too cute to handle."

She replied and slapped Hunt's arm, returning the favor, causing Kyle to giggle.

Surely he doesn't know...

"Hey, will you stop eye fucking him?" Albert said, winking.

 "By the way why are you guys here anyway?" I asked. Causing both of them to frown.

Riya looked between Kyle and me and sighed, " Today's Friday."

" So, what?
if it is fri...
Oh! Shit!" realization began to hit me.

"Well, is there any problem with that?" Kyle asked and Albert nodded. Oblivious that the engagement is this weekend.

Both Riya and I were unable to answer.

"They are getting... you know... engaged this Sunday. And her dad is coming here today for preparations." 

I can feel Kyle body stiffen. He looks at me, with a unreadable expression.

 Albert's jaw dropped.

"WHAT?!" He yelled.

"Kyle, I am sorry! I really don't want this too... but... I am really sorry, you too Lu, I am sorry. Please, don't just hate me, please..." and with that Riya left the room, tears streaming from her eyes.

Hunt sighed. " I will go check on her. Don't worry." He hugged his best friend before went out.

"What on earth, you didn't even tell your best friend that you are getting engaged."
"And, to that child, who acts like five year old?" He sighed.
"You better come with a good explanation. I will leave you both alone now." He turned but stopped.
"If he doesn't listen to you, there is a gun in that closet, just shoot him." He said to Kyle and left. I gulped. He can't be that serious, right? I turned to Kyle, who was already looking at me.

"Promise me you will never marry any other person, who is not me!" he asked.

"Is that a proposal?" I asked, smirking.

"No! I mean, not now. In future, may be. But not now. So will you?"

"No, I won't." I replied honestly.

"Promise?" he asked, still not believing me.

I kissed him softly, before replying,

"Promise..."