1 | The Future that Changes the Past

["Why?! Why do you not love me?! What does she have that I don't...?"

Sylvan merely stared at the hateful woman with disgust. This is the woman that always clung onto him and caused trouble for him. She had almost succeeded in harming his beloved; it's a good thing that he managed to get there before any unwanted event happened. As he stared at the woman's pathetic form slumped on the ground, he thought that it's time to get rid of this problem once and for all.

"You ask why?"

The woman's purple irises shifted to meet his golden ones. Those eyes, with hue comparable to precious amethysts, were the symbol of the venerable Kyanos duchy. Such precious lineage, wasted on a stupid girl.

"Because you're not her."

He watched with a sick sense of satisfaction as the light in her eyes dimmed. She was a person he considered a pest since his childhood days and with this move, he'd never have to deal with her again.

"Throw this person to the dungeon. She's a criminal who attempted to kill Princess Katherine, a princess of Luden and the future Crown Princess of Argent." He called for the Royal Guards to take the hateful woman away, feeling contempt to see her face any longer.

"By committing a crime against the crown, I, Sylvan Hendrick Nicol of House Argentum, Crown Prince of the Argent Empire, thereby sentence you, Anastasia Jeannette of House Kyanos, death by execution."]

I was walking home from school while reading (which is very dangerous and not recommended, do not replicate!), letting out a tired sigh after I finished reading the latest release of [Melting You], a webnovel that's popular as of now. In this chapter, the ML finally gets rid of the villainess and I'm pretty sure that it's happily ever after for the main characters now. Too bad, the only thing that made it interesting for me was the villainess getting frustrated every time the FL escapes from her schemes. Now that the author decided to kill her off, my interest in the story dwindled.

I don't know if I should feel bad for the ending of the villainess since there's no denying that she's really rotten, doing those horrible things to innocent and naïve Katherine just because she holds the Crown Prince's love, or feel exasperated due to her stupidity in all things practical. It was clear that the Crown Prince never felt anything for her and the novel actually emphasized that Sylvan had always rejected Anastasia ever since she started pursuing him, which is when they first met at 10 years old. I mean, come on girl! He already said he doesn't like you, why do you still continue clinging onto him like a thirsty hoe?

As I raged inside my mind about how Anastasia could've avoided a nasty death by going after the second male lead instead, I felt a vibration in my pocket. Oh, it's just my phone. Taking out the rectangular device, I double-tapped the screen to check what's up.

A notification.

My eyes widened a significant amount upon seeing the notification that I've received. It's from author Shishi, the very author that wrote [Melting You]. What's this now? Another update? My eyebrows furrowed over in confusion without me noticing. As far as I know, author Shishi only updates once a week and I've just finished reading the update for this week. Since I was so preoccupied with the notification, I failed to notice neither the fact that I've started to cross the street nor the car that came hurtling at top speed towards my direction.

My eyes barely scanned over the text displayed on my cellphone screen when... BAM!

My body flew like a ragdoll due to the impact of the collision. The shock registered in my mind before the pain. And my god, when I say pain, I meant excruciating, gut-wrenching, intense pain. It hurts. Like hell. Every inch of my body hurts.