Rose and the Blue Flower

Next week at school, 3rd Grade hallway, class has just ended, there are people coming out from a classroom. Aoi is leaning to a hallway window and looking towards the stairway. She sees Rose climbing up with a peculiar expression on her face. Aoi looks at her questioningly.

"Hello Rosie-chan. What's with the smile?" Aoi says and nods towards Rose.

"Hi Aoi. I have something to tell you, would you care to accompany me outside?" Rose says with a mischievous smile on her face.

"What a weird way to say that to me, but sure." Aoi nods at Rose. She grabs her bag and they head out. Rose leads them behind the building towards the park on the school grounds. She stops at the lily garden.

"Rosie-chan.. You never liked to come here before, what's going on?" Aoi says as she's looking around. The flowers are blooming as the abundance of colors spreads all around her.

Rose picks up a blue lily seemingly randomly, but when she turns around and hands it to Aoi, her smile betrays that it wasn't random at all.

"Here. 'Aoi'." She says and smiles widely at her friend.

"Rosie-chan...!" Aoi says surprised as she takes the flower from her hand.

Rose nods and smiles. "Yeah.. it's beautiful here, isn't it?" She says and looks around the flowerbeds with a content smile on her face. Aoi stares at the lily in her hand and smiling Rose who's looking at the lilies.