Ch. 12 - Announcement

A/N: I love Aizawa so much and I'm still mad at myself for making him a horrible person in my last book.
Have fun reading!

Aizawa POV

Head between my hands, I sighed, leaning back on the couch in the teacher's lounge. Yesterday when I asked Midoriya about his classmates he said that they hurt him and he looked terrified. Now, there's a possibility that he was being bullied outside of my class without my knowing, but the more likely scenario is that the LOV did something to him.

While we were still at the hospital they ran a test to see if there were any drugs in his bloodstream, and they found traces of one that had properties of a fast-acting paralytic in it. Nothing that would have messed with his brain though, thankfully. This means that I'm ninety percent sure that whatever they did to him to make him scared of his classmates can be reversed.

In terms of his future, if he makes a full recovery he will still be behind all of his classmates. On the other hand, If he can manage to control that quirk of his, he could still become a successful hero early on. It puts him at an advantage. I'm sure that that's what is most important to him, so getting him back into his classes as soon as possible would be the best bet for him, despite his apparent fear of his classmates.

I perk up at that. This could be the perfect opportunity to get Shinso into my class, even if only for a few weeks. If he proves to be adapting well, I may be able to convince Nezu to let him switch classes permanently.

On top of that, I'll have someone to keep a close eye on Midoriya while I take care of the rest of the class, not that I won't be watching him the whole time. That problem child is going to need a lot of work.

I send an email to Nezu to which he responds immediately, talking about what a good 'learning experience' this will be for Shinso. And of course he's already emailed all of Shinso's teachers to let them know what's going on. The little bastard already knew I would ask about it.

I send a text to Shinso, because I know he doesn't check his email and I use his number to give him reminders about training days and stuff. Also, I'm not gonna lie, I wanted him to have my number in case there was ever an emergency and he needed help. Like most of my students, I feel very protective towards him. They're all my responsibility after all, no matter how problematic they are. I might have a bit of bias towards him though because of the nature of his quirk. He reminds me of myself when I was younger.

Like Nezu, Shinso responds rather fast, and a grin creeps onto my face knowing how exiting this will be for him.

I told him to meet me with Midoriya in front of the teachers lounge, preferably before most of the other students entered the school. Then they can stay in the lounge for a few minutes while the rest of the students start to enter the school and go to their classes. I'll have some time to talk to the class before they come in, and there will be no issues with crowded hallways and too many people like there was yesterday. I can only hope that Midoriya will be okay.

When Shinso arrives pushing Midoriya in a wheelchair, I study Midoriya's face carefully as he glances around the hallway. He says something to Shinso about forgetting how big and bright the school was, and Shinso nods encouragingly.

"Oh, hey... Aizawa sensei." He looks a bit nervous, but he's not downright scared like he was yesterday. Improvement.

"Hey problem child. Are you ready to see your classmates in a few minutes? Shinso and I will be there the whole time, and we won't let anything happen to you. If it ends up being too much Shinso can take you back to the dorms, alright?" That felt so weird. I'm never being comforting again.

"Y-yes sensei. Thank you."

At that I nod curtly and leave to my classroom, telling the two of them to stay in the lounge for a few more minutes.

When I arrive to my class most everyone is seated, and they're talking quietly amongst themselves. They've all been much more reserved since Midoriya was taken from us. As annoying as his bright personality was, even I could admit that the classroom just wasn't the same without him.

"Everyone be quiet. I have an important announcement." I meet many of my students gazes before my next words, and so many of them look ridiculously hopeless. I realize that for safety reasons, most of them hardly know anything about Midoriya's case, so a lot of them probably think he might be dead at this point. I feel my face soften slightly. Maybe I shouldn't always be so hard on them.

"Midoriya is going to be here in about five minutes." Huh, that might have been a bit blunt. It doesn't take more than a few seconds before the room is filled with yelling and questions and kids standing up.

"Everyone sit down and shut your mouths." I activate my quirk as I glare at all of them, and they sink back into their seats with hope and questions written all over their faces.

"We rescued him two days ago, and he was released from the hospital yesterday. That's why I've been absent the past two days." The class erupted into questions once again.

"Shut it! As you all know, he was kidnapped, and he's been stuck there for the past three months. We don't know exactly what they did to him, but there was extensive physical injuries, and he has psychological damage as well. He's sensitive to loud noises, sudden movement, and people touching him. That means don't be loud, don't move around too much, and don't touch him. In fact, when he comes in, none of you are to leave your seats. And please, for the love of god, don't stare at his bandages and scars." For the third time they decide to speak up, this time in protest.

"The next time you interrupt me you're all going to detention for a month." That quieted them down.

"As I was saying before, he had many severe physical injuries. We had some of the best doctors in Japan who were licensed to use their quirks on him, which is why he's not still in the hospital right now. Without those doctors, he would not be alive right now." My face is grim as I say this, and I wait until I'm sure its sunk in to every single one of them.

"He's still very delicate, and he'll be coming in with a wheelchair because he's unable to walk at the moment. That brings me to my last point. Shinso Hitoshi is his designated 'caregiver' at the moment, and he is to be with Midoriya at all times. This means he will be joining our class for a while. Be kind to both of them." God, I hate talking this much. I decide not to tell them about Midoriya's fear of them, because I'm not sure who exactly he's scared of. It could be the whole class, or more likely, a select few students.

About eight of them have their hands raised, looking like they can barely contain themselves. I sigh, picking a random student.

"Sir, may we greet him when he enters the room?"

"Quietly. And remember what I said, no leaving your seats. No reaching towards him, or sudden movements. Am I clear?"

"Yes sir."

"Is he going to resume classes as normal?"

"That's the plan."

"Isn't Shinso from the Gen Ed course? Why is he taking care of Midoriya?"

"He's the one who rescued him."

There's shocked silence throughout the room.

"But he's not in the hero course! Not that he couldn't be... But he doesn't have a license to use his quirk!"

"He didn't use his quirk, and I intend for him to be in this class permanently by the end of the year." I say with finality.

There's a knock on the door.

I turn back to my class briefly, watching as they all stare at the door with impatience.

"Remember what I told you all." I say quietly, before a slightly louder "Come in."

1408 words.