Chapter 36

"Nate?" Mia looks at me, confused with a little cute head tilt as I stand in front of her hotel room door

"Nate?" Mia looks at me, confused with a little cute head tilt as I stand in front of her hotel room door. She's wearing black leggings and my black Duke Sweatshirt with her hair in a high ponytail. Her phone is locked into her right hand, and it looks like her messages with me are popped up.

"Hi, baby," I reach out and pull her into my arms.

"What are you doing here?" She murmurs from my chest.

I pull back and look at her, confused. "You thought I was going to leave my girl alone for Valentine's day?" She slowly nods, and I laugh, "Why would I do that?"

"Because you're here!" She throws her hands up. "In New York!" She whispers, her eyes looking incredibly at me.

I nod, "I am."

"For me?" She points to herself.

I nod again, "All for you, baby," I smile and kiss her lips once or twice. She hums as I give her another hug and wink at all the girls in her room. "Thanks, guys, by the way."

Mia pulls back and looks at the girls. "You guys were in on this?"

Everyone in the room smile and nods. Shay speaks up first, "How long have you been planning this, Nate?"

She looks over at Mia and says, "We just found out yesterday, Miha," she sings.

"Ever since we found out that you guys had a game," I squeeze Mia's shoulders as I look at her. She looks over at me and gives me a huge smile. A look of realization crosses her face, and then she punches me in the shoulder. "What was that for?" I rub my arm.

"That's why you weren't upset last night and why you didn't text me this morning!" She pouts at me. "I was so worried. I thought-" she waves her hands around. "Never mind," Mia shakes her head as she whispers. I wrap my arms around her shoulders and lower my head near her face.

I kiss her cheek a couple times on both sides. "No," my love, "I would never on purpose not answer, you know that." I kiss her cheek one more time. Mia holds onto my arms and kisses my cheek once before looking at her team.

"Thank you," she smiles as she looks up at me.

"Of Course, baby," I kiss her again. It always feels the same.

Perfect.

"Wow," Mia says as she looks out the window into New York City.

Shay and Tasha nod their heads, agreeing with Mia. "It's gorgeous!" Tasha mutters as she presses against the window.

We cleared it with Kevin that I could be here today, and I could take Mia out sightseeing. She's been to New York before, but she says, 'it looks different every time I come.'

Mia didn't want to leave Tasha and Shay alone, so they are with us. We all fought Mia, I included, that it should just be us two. But Mia didn't have it.