29.

Niki paid for the food before leading me out of the restaurant and into his car again. He started driving to God know's where.

The car ride was silent, again, but I didn't find it awkward since I was stuck in my own head.

That flashback. I saw that last night. What was that all about.

It never happened before. So far it only happens when I eat spicy food with Niki.

Niki.

I saw him in my vision. He looked so young. Was this back in high school too?

What happened in high school?

"What happened in high school?" I asked still stuck in my thoughts but waiting for an answer from Niki.

"Well, a lot of things. Like a lot of things happened." I could tell by his expression that they didn't seem like happy memories. In fact traumatic ones.

"Why, did something happened?" Curiosity is taking the best of me.

"No! Not at all" Niki nervously laughed. But something in me was telling me he was lying.

"Well then what happened."

"You were my girlfriend. That would probably be my favourite memory." Niki didn't look at me but at the road. He smiled as he spoke as if it was a memory he missed.

Girlfriend.

Your girlfriend.

When did this happen?

Why don't I remember these things, ugh this is so annoying.

"You don't remember do you" Niki peered over at me before looking at the road again.

I shook my head no.

His expression sadden but he tried not to make it obvious.

"That's ok."

Was it? Niki looks so sad though.

"Anyway, we're here."

The car stopped moving indicating that we've arrived at our next destination.

It was a dessert shop.

"This is where you'd always take me. Telling me how good the waffles were. And I must agree they did taste pretty good."

Niki lead me inside and in the line of the shop. The smell is so nostalgic, like my childhood and teenage hood was mostly spent in here.

"Hi how can I help you?" The worker asked.

"Hi could I get the matcha ice cream with waffles please"

Niki paid for the meal again before leading me off to one of the tables.

"You'd used to always beg me to eat but I didn't want to because I liked watching you enjoy the food." Niki rested his face in his hands and just looked at me.

I felt really nervous under his gaze.

Why does Niki make me so nervous?

I could feel my heart thumping against my chest.

This never happened before, not with Mark. Why Niki?

I averted my gaze away from Niki to calm myself down. I guess he didn't like it since I heard a sad sigh come from his mouth.

For some reason that made me feel bad. But i don't know why.

"Here's your food." The worker said while placing the plate of food in front of us.

It looked really really good.

Without thinking I started cutting a piece of the waffle and stuffed it into my mouth.

Oh my god. This is amazing!

I continued stuffing myself and I'm not sure how long went by, it wasn't long, but I managed to eat three quarters of the waffles and ice cream.

I looked up to see Niki's face in front of mine. He had a smile on his face while still resting his head in his palms.

I got really nervous again.

"What?" I said looking away wiping my face of any crumbs.

"You look cute when you eat."

That warm feeling again. It's filling me up and it's so weird.

I was eating my waffles and ice cream but noticed that Niki wasn't eating. "Mmm this is really good, you sure you don't want any?" I asked. Niki wasn't even looking at me. He was more focused on Mark. I laughed a little. Niki kept asking me questions about Mark and I. "Are you jealous?" I laughed at his reaction seeing him all flustered and defensive.

I dropped the fork in my hand onto the table before grabbing my head in my hands.

What was that?

"Are you okay?" Niki asked.

"Uh I'm okay, just a headache." I lied.

What was that though? 

Niki let out a sigh before standing up from his seat.

"Let's just go home." He didn't wait for my answer and just walked out the shop.

30/01/21