Chapter Twenty One

"The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies."

Liam Payne

My mind kept trying to wrap around the fact May, the girl who I had come to trust and really like, was the same person who broke into mine and Zayn's privacy and posted it all over the school for all eyes to see. What hurt was the fact that she had lied to me and had me trusting her and believing in her only to be be confrontatedwith the sad truth that it was her all along.

I knew it was bad of me to be so trusting to begin with so my hurt was bound to arise within me but I just couldn't help it, that was who I was. A trusting individual who tried to see the best in people. May just didn't seem to be like that kind of girl.

"I fucking called it!" Louis hollered aloud, his voice bouncing off the walls of the silent hallways.

Zayn, Harry, Louis and I were outside of the photography classroom once again as we waited for May to come out. It was Louis' idea for us ambush her and confront of her of all her lies. I was the epitome of anxious as not only was I skipping class to do this but I worried about May. I felt so stupid because no matter what I liked May but she did something like this, betraying me and throwing any amount of trust out of the window.

"She probably did it because of she likes Zayn, just like my goddamn sister," Louis muttered.

I blinked, looking at Louis as he caught my attention.

"Your sister likes Zayn?" I ask him, completely unaware of that fact.

It was weird to me. Lyn had helped me in trying to find out where Zayn was even if she accidentally sent me outside in the woods where I was nearly killed by a wolf, if not for Zayn swooping in. I mean, if not for that incident I wouldn't of known what Zayn was so I'd say it was beneficial considering I didn't know when Zayn would've told me the truth about everything.

"Lyn is nice," I told Louis. (Li iz u for real? 😑)

Harry and Louis shared the same disbelieving, 'are you insane,' look.

"Boo there is so much we left out about her, I don't even know where to start," Louis says in frustration, bringing a hand up to his forehead.

"Just know to never trust her, we'll tell you why later," Harry advises

Confused, I nod and decide to roll with what they were saying until they'd finally tell me the things I was unaware of.

The door to the photography classroom slides open and May walks out. She slides it shut before beginning to walk but stopping short as she sees us all. A smile perks onto her features, her eyes getting smaller to deliver to us how genuinely happy she was to see us. She bounces her way over to us, twirling in the detective outfit she had worn to school.

"Liam, look!" She spins in her outfit before stopping and facing me again, "isn't it just the cutest? I got it on sale at Forever 21."

I chew on my lip, my heart squeezing tightly in my chest as I look at her wordlessly. She blinks in confusion, her smile falling from her face and that's when she looks at the expression on our faces and realizes the less than happy atmosphere surrounding her.

"What—"

Her words catch in her throat as Louis thrusts his phone in her face. Annoyed, May glares as she yanks his phone from his hands to look at what he was trying to show her. Her brows knit together as she takes in the picture that was on his phone. It was a photo of May opening the door to the photography to leave on the night before the photos were displayed all over the school for everyone to see and she was holding one of the photos in her hands, her hair was a dark black and she wore all black attire. Realization came quick and her features showed it as her face fell.