Chapter Eighteen

THIRD PERSON

Heels clicked on the floor, their sound capturing the attention of most students as they were on their journey to class. Her presence was noticed by most, her appearance enviable and her aura intimidating. A purse hung on her arm, with a smile edged onto her face as she was in the most pleasant of moods. Today was the day. Today was the day she'd get Zayn and make him all hers. Today was Lyn's day.

Her steps slowed, her main purpose was to find Zayn but as she began to peer at the school walls, her heart almost constricted. Her eyes narrowed and she ripped off one out of the multiple photos on the wall with her perfectly manicured nails. She gripped the picture harshly, her blue eyes taking in the scene.

It was the picture of Zayn and Liam in the intimate position of Liam in Zayn's arms, sharing a kiss that the innocent Liam had initiated. It was the one taken on their date night, the one that was littered all over the entire school.

Though it was days later since the incident and there weren't as many pictures up, Lyn hadn't been in school for the past few days up until this moment. She scowled at the disgusting picture and crushed the paper within in her hands before she tossed it onto the floor. Ragging, her previous calm demeanor shattered as her mind swarmed with all kinds of thoughts.

Why the hell was this queer shoving himself onto Zayn, a perfectly straight guy? This useless boy had walked up into this school and in minutes things were slipping out of Lyn's hands. This could not be happening. She would not allow this to happen. Not only was her stupid brother friends with this kid but the man who was meant to be hers also seemed to be getting swept by whatever charms the boy was putting onto him.

Lyn mad her decision quick as she tucked her brunette hair behind her ears and walked her way to her purple locker that she had customized to suit her taste. She opened the compartment and slammed her Saint Lauren hand held purse inside carelessly before she slammed it closed.

Running a hand through her hair, she would make it so that Liam would regret ever intruding in what Zayn and her had. She wouldn't let Zayn go, not after the moments they'd shared long ago. Lyn clenched her fist, they had something back then and they would have something now.

A friend ran over to Lyn as she began walking to her class, her friend was completely breathless. She actually hated her but she wouldn't act on her dislike for her. Quite frankly, Lyn didn't like anyone but it was always good to keep people by her side in case she had some use for them. Friends were only good to be used and like an old pair of shoes, tossed away when they became useless.

"Lyn! You will not believe what Oliver told me he saw," the girl began without greetings as per usual.

Lyn recalled the name she spoke of and mentally rolled her eyes. The boy was completely useless in doing her bidding to beating the sense into Liam. She simply had to pay the boy and his two friends to bash Liam a bit but they ended up nearly getting themselves killed instead. Lyn wondered herself how they ended up like that but lacked remorse to care that one of them was, in fact, still in the hospital in a coma. It wasn't her business.

"And what did Oliver see?" Lyn entertained the girl despite the fact that she didn't care one bit of what she was actually telling her.

"He said he saw an animal in the back of the school, he thought it was a bear but didn't get a good look. Omg, Lyn are we going to die? Like I just can't, like, even imagine it. Like it's so like—"

After the third, 'like,' that the annoying girl said, Lyn tuned her out as she began to think. Animal? What a shame it would be if Liam happened to get hurt in such an animal attack. Then Lyn shrugged, not like she would actually be able to get him to go back out there.