[15]

Art up above by my sister Ella! I highly recommend reading her book (on my profile), called Ella and the Night Djinn!

The vote:

EX/Xanthus: like, 5,740,207 bajillion
All others: 0
All of them (which wasn't really an option but eh): 1

So yeah.

Also, while pretty much all of you loved the last chapter (I'm assuming by the comments I received), you may be wondering why it was so different from the others.

Well... Banished is at the half way mark (or so).

:,)

But just keep in mind that I have MANY other ideas after this one. Maybe they won't ever compare to this level of angst, but I will try my hardest to include some blood and death.

Also, HAS NO ONE PICKED UP ON THE CLUES ABOUT EX/XANTHUS!?!?

Smfh you guys-

Warning: blood; not super descriptive

^*^

Rustic houses as far as the eye could see. They littered the mesa, breaking up the red and orange flow of the ground.

He'd built a city with how bored he was.

He just hadn't meant to build them all rustic.

Xanthus pulled off his helmet, grabbing his shirt's edge to wipe up the condensation forming on the visor. It was midday, and the 'Voidling' had been distracting himself.

Unlike the person who taught him how to build like this, he'd learned how to make variants of houses in the same style. It helped when you were all alone... at the edge of the world...

Xan's hand stopped its wiping, his eyes wandering to the world border.

Recently, someone had 'visited him.' Not him, per say, but the mesa. Casting a quick spell, he hid all traces of himself, watching the boy gather what he needed and return back to his base.

That had been his first contact with a Hermit since he was banished.

He didn't want to necessarily talk to them again, knowing that most still thought he was evil.

But if his research was right, only a few didn't.

An old friend or two from... before...

...and someone new. Someone who didn't know about him.

The new Hermit, Grian.

And apparently... he was a bit...

-different.

^*^

"You took the lead a least 800 blocks ago. Where are we going."

'Who said we're going anywhere,' was her reply, floating forward beside the Watcher, eyes focused ahead.

"I was flying in front of you when we left-" he choked slightly on the word, "-but you slowly got in front of me."

'If you must know, I'm trying to find land, since it's almost nighttime.' The feline familiar rolled her glowing emerald eyes, Grian sighing, returning to flying over the ocean in silence, shulkers heavy in his pockets, heart heavy in his chest.

Minutes later, a speck of land could be seen in the distance. Sighing in relief, Grian dove down, spreading his wings as he neared the solid ground. "Fine... thank you."