Insecure

Ryder

"Didn't think I'd ever help my sister's boyfriend with a wedding ring"

"Shut up Gordon" I said throwing him a glare.

"I want her to love it" I said before sighing and kept looking around for shops.

It's been almost half a year ever since we moved in together and it was going great. Even more than great, I couldn't find anything that didn't make me happy about it.

"She's going to say no either way" Gordon said chuckling.

"Shut up! Dumb asshole" I exclaimed and elbowed his side.

Lightly.

Maybe not exactly lightly.

"Ouch!?"

"Can you both be quiet for once?" Jason asked.

It was kind of weird that Jason, the guy she almost married, was here helping me find a ring to propose to her.

"We don't have all day" He added.

"You find him a ring then. I'm done with his perfectionism" Gordon said.

"Hey Gordon, don't leave me" I said panicking.

He can't leave now. He's like my only friend.

And Jason too.

"You are such a baby" Gordon said rolling his eyes as he tried to hide his smirk, "And you're lucky I love you"

"Love you too, now let's go find a ring before I lose my mind"

We looked in several places, but I didn't want to rush into it and make a bad decision. I wanted it to be special. I wanted it to seem like I put thought into it because I did. I wanted her to know I care and that this isn't just a rushed decision. There was no doubt I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. I was sure about this now that she had finished her studies.

I didn't want to rush into it, but I was so thrilled that I wanted to propose already.

"I don't know about this" I said as the owner showed me another ring.

"Just pick something!"

"Fine, okay!" I said and looked around.

There were some beautiful rings and I knew that I wasn't going to find anything better as much as I looked for it, so I had to choose now.

"I think I know"

________

I wasn't in a rush to propose to her. I didn't want to rush it, I wanted it to be the right time. I just wanted to have the ring so I could do it whenever I wanted to and felt like it was the right time.

When I got back home, she wasn't there. She had gone to visit her parents for a few hours so I made sure to cook something for when she got back.

I wasn't a great cook but I had learned how to cook for myself over the years. Gordon taught me how to do it.

I didn't really know what to do when she was gone. The apartment felt so empty. I didn't really feel good when I was alone without her, but I didn't want to bother her with that. I wanted her to have her time with her parents, just like I do sometimes. I didn't want to control her, i didn't want her to feel like she was suffocating. It was something I was really working on because I had some controlling tendencies.

I had so much time to myself now that I was starting to overthink everything. I felt insecure. Especially after making the decision to buy the ring. That was the reason I didn't want to rush into it. I wanted to be sure that I was stable and confident. She deserved that.