Chapter 2- Edited

Chapter 2!

Lucy's POV

Today is Monday, the dreaded day. About 3 or 4 removal trucks came to collect all our stuff and drive it to our new house. 

When everything was gone, I took one last look around my empty, bare looking bedroom. 

The faded aqua swirl patterned wallpaper that I had begged mum to let me have, the window that looked out to the neighbours backyard, their cute dog providing great entertainment, trying to get some attention from his owners, a elderly couple.

The fan that made a quiet, gentle noise when it spun round, the most annoying, flickering lightbulb in the world, the cupboard that made a loud screech whenever I opened it, the dead corpse of a spider, hidden in the darkest corner of my room. 

The lighter spots on the old, brown wooden floor where my bed, desk and bookshelf had been, and the brick at the very bottom of the wall, near the door where I carved my initials, L.K.S.

"Lucy! Time to go!" Mum yells up to me.

"Ok, I'm coming!" I reply back before I run out of my room to the silver car we have, not once looking back.

________________________________________________________________________________

You know, there is one other thing we need, a bigger car. 

We all only just fit, with the twins and Max in the back seat, and me and Mum sitting in the front. Jasper and Julian ALWAYS (and when I say always, I mean ALWAYS) fight about who has to go in the middle. 

Jasper's argument is that he is older and Julian's response is that he's taller and needs more space.

It's the most annoying thing ever as they then always start physically fight each other when we are in the car, and they don't listen to mum even when she tells them to stop. They only stop when she full on yells at them or turns the music up really loud so she can't hear them.

Younger siblings are the absolute worst!

_____________________________________________________

The new house was about 3 hours away, so I put in my headphones and blasted some of my favourite music. 

2 and a half hours in, we drove past an old sign saying, Welcome to Shipwreck Bay. Mum announced,

"This is it! We're living in Shipwreck Bay!" Before letting out a cheer. No one joined her.

________________________________________________________________________________

Our new house is pretty nice. At the front door, there is a staircase straight ahead that leads to mine and Mum's room, to your right is the garage and  to your left there is the lounge room that is joined to the kitchen and dining room. 

The back door is in the kitchen, which leads to a pretty spacious backyard. Then if you walk past the back door, there is a hallway where Jasper, Julian and Max's rooms are. 

Even better, my brothers have no reason to go upstairs and annoy me! Maybe it won't be so bad.

Jasper, Julian, Max and Mum agreed that the house is nice. 

Hi everyone! Sorry (again) for the short chapter

Hi everyone! Sorry (again) for the short chapter. I am trying to fix it, but as you can see, it isn't really working. Chapter 3 is better (I hope).

558 Words- Last edited on 24/03/2024