Chapter 21: Picnic Part 1

Mitch's POV:

"YOU LOOK SO PERFECT STANDING THERE IN MY AMERICAN APPAREL UNDERWEAR!", I sang (more like screamed) the lyrics of 5SOS to Clare.

"AND I KNOW NOW, THAT I'M SO DOWN!", Clare sang in her beautiful voice and she laughed as we realized how relatable the lyrics were.

Clare reached over and turned down the volume, but we could still faintly hear it.

"Where are we going?", Clare asked as she raised her eyebrows.

"I don't know...wherever this rusty truck takes us, I guess. It doesn't matter, as long as you're with me.", I said.

Clare's eyes lit up like a Griswald Family Christmas Tree and she leaned up and kissed my cheek.

Zeus growled in lust and love, but I smiled back at Clare and turned up the radio.

We ended up in State's Oakley National Park. Occasionally, they let visitors picnic up in the higher, more beautiful parts. I told Clare not to wear anything fancy, which she was happy about. So we had tennis shoes and shorts.

I parked the truck in the gravel parking lot, and ran over to Clare's side to let her out. As she stepped out, surveying her surroundings, I quickly jogged to the back of the truck, let down the back, and unveiled a picnic basket filled with sandwiches and fruit, and of course, wine.

Then, I ran back over to Clare, her eyes widened in surprise as she saw the basket of food.

"Picnic in the beautiful, national forest, sweetheart?", I smiled.

"Of course, how romantic of you, sir Mitchell", she returned the smile and laughed adorably.

"Well, were gonna have to work for it..", I look over to a path leading to my favorite place in the whole world.