.28.

"Ghilesh, I'm not asking again. What am I supposedly trying?" I stared at him. I did not want to try anything he had cooked up, especially when I didn't remember agreeing to it.

"An obscure concoction I found that it supposed to help with soul separation." He smiled at me and I narrowed my eyes at him slightly, ignoring the faint pang of pain in my chest at the reminder. There was always a catch with him. The soulmate bond fascinated him intensely and I honestly didn't want to be a guinea pig again. "Why are you giving me that look, Liviya?" He moved around in his room and I narrowed my eyes further. Ani shoved at me with a look, I waved her off with a scowl.

"Because you have a catch, Ghilesh." I pointed at him and he scowled, muttering to himself as he gathered some pungent smelling herbs and dried plants.

"So trusting, Liviya." He looked at me and I made a face at him as he rolled eyes. "It is technically made for those that have lost their soul medallions and not for separated mate bonds." I knew it.

"Ghilesh." I drug his name out and he held up his hand.

"I have done some research and this should help with your separation." He gave me a stern look. "Yes, you will be a guinea pig but the best thing that could happen is that it helps and the worst is that it does nothing. There is honestly nothing you can really lose here, Liviya." He started to put the herbs and dried plants into his small cauldron. I watched him as I mulled it over. It might have been better than me taking my myriad of pills just so I could attempt to get a good night's sleep.

"Will it have any side effects?" That was the main thing I wanted to know. Those pills had far too many side effects for me take them in any way that made me feel safe.

"Do you have any allergies?" He started pouring things into the cauldron and I glanced at Ani as she cleared off a chair.

"Not that I'm aware of." I looked back at Ghilesh and he shook his head slightly.

"Then no. Sit. Sit." He waved absently at the empty chair across from Ani and I took it, sinking into the comfy chair with a wide yawn. I brought my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them as I closed my eyes.

"No sleeping, Liv." Ani's voice was teasing and I cracked my eye open.

"Shush, Ani. Let me nap." A nap sounded so nice. I knew that if everyone was quiet for just a few seconds I would be able to fall asleep for just a little bit. There had been too many nightmares last night for me to sleep properly.

"Both of you need to be quiet. I need to concentrate." Ghilesh sounded slightly irritated and I smirked at Ani before closing my eyes again. She had to listen to Ghilesh and that meant I got some uninterrupted nap time. I sighed and sunk further into the chair. I needed the sleep, not being able to sleep was something I was not used to, nor did I like.

I was missing Rhex terribly. Ani had been some what right in her assertion that I was too distracted with Rhex's letter to pay attention to what was going on around me. Even though I couldn't read what he wrote, I simply liked looking at the lettering, looking at the strokes his pencil took on the paper. It made me feel closer to him to imagine him writing the letter to me.

Ani had translated it for me last night. It was his usual type of letter, basic statements about how his training was going and what he was doing. There was a few statements about how he missed me and how he was counting the weeks until he could get back. We were at ten weeks and six days left. It still felt like far too much for me to deal with but I had no choice.

I practically lived for the days when his letters arrived or when I could call him. I just needed that small piece of him that made him feel just a tiny fraction closer to me. Even if it was simply his voice or a faint scent on a piece of paper. It was almost pathetic if I thought about it long enough. I was never a person who felt like this for anyone that I had ever met before. I wasn't a person who felt like they would fall apart while not being in someone's presence. I wasn't this needy.