35

The morning sun made Ahsoka squint and she slurred something in her sleep. Meanwhile Rex was already up and admiring the sunset. Ahsoka opened her eyes gently and tapped Rex with her finger. Rex absentmindedly turned to Ahsoka and smiled.

But before they could react the sound of clicking and the pounding of boots could be heard. Ahsoka sat up straight and Rex's eyes widened. They both scrambled out of the makeshift shelter and hid in the nearby brush. Ahsoak was breathing heavily now and Rex had to clasp around his mouth to keep himself from giving away their location. As soon as they both calmed down a mix of officers and clones stormed the area, looking for the pair.

"How did they find us?" Ahsoka whispered, her voice breaking.

"I don't know," Rex replied softly.

The imperial officers went inside the hut and immediately started shooting. Ahsoka's heart dropped as she realized the situation. They weren't going to let them live any longer. They wanted them dead. And that was final. She felt her face get hot and her stomach churn.

"We've got to get out of here" she murmured.

Rex nodded, "You're right"

3

2

1

They both dashed out of their hiding spots and ran towards the ship.

"There they are!" a voice boomed and they both ran faster.

The duo finally arrived on the ship and Rex started the engine. It gave a soft hum and he flew it off into the sky.

When they were finally in space Rex gave a sigh. He knew what they had to do. Even if he didn't like it, it was for the best.

"Ahsoka" he started.

"Don't" she interrupted.

"You know what we have to do," he said softly.

Ahsoka felt hot tears stream down her face and she bit her lip with all her might, soon tasting blood.

"Don't say it" she mumbled.

Rex cringed, "Ahsoka we have to split up"

Ahsoka let out a pained cry, making Rex's heart shatter.

"It's too dangerous for the both of us to keep traveling together" Rex pointed out.

Ahsoka cried even harder, curling up into a little ball and just sobbing. Her heart felt like it was being ripped out of her chest. She hated it.

"I think I'm going to go and try to find Wolffe and Gregor" Rex muttered, "I know where Wolffe is but Gregor on the other hand..."

Ahsoka cried softly into her knees, not daring to look Rex in the eye.

"Ahsoka" Rex started.

"I'm never gonna see you again aren't I?" Ahsoka cried, a pained look on her face.

Rex looked away.

"We'll see each other" Rex promised her, "One day when all of this is calmed down and people have given up searching for us"

"You promise?" Ahsoka mumbled.

Rex nodded.

"Where do you want to go?" he asked.

Ahsoka thought long and hard.

"Tatooine" she decided, "No one will want to look there"

Rex sighed.

Before he knew it, Ahsoka had ran up to him and was hugging him tightly. Rex hugged her back, rubbing her in a comforting manner. This only made Ahsoka cry even harder. Rex felt the hurt rise up in his chest only making this harder.

"Ok" he breathed.

Finally Ahsoka let him go and sat in the seat beside him. She wiped her tears even though they just kept coming.

Rex on the other hand felt his own face start to grow hot and held back his tears.

He flew the ship to the planet and landed it with ease. Then Ahsoka started walking to the platform. Rex ran after her and watched at the opening as she walked out, no more bounce in her step.

He hated that they had to do this, but it was for the best. Or was it? He wanted to think that there was another way, but there wasn't. This would keep Ahsoka and him safe, so that one day they could see each other again.

The soft sobs of Ahsoka made Rex squeeze his eyes shut, hoping it was only a dream. Then he opened his eyes to reality. She was leaving. They wouldn't be able to see each other every day. She wouldn't be waking up next to him. Not for a while at least.

She stood there in the sand, giving him this look that Rex hated seeing on her gorgeous face. He ran towards her and engulfed her in one final hug. Then and only then, did he cry. The large tears fell and he let them.

Ahsoka was still crying, and she buried her face into his chest. Rex hugged her so tight he was worried he would crush her. But Ahsoka didn't care. All she wanted was to be with Rex forever. And now that dream was crushed. She thought back to all the memories they shared together.

On Kashyyyk, when they helped each other stay safe from the dangers of the jungle, and when they finally professed their love to one another. When they snuggled up next to each other in the ship while the storm raged outside. And when Rex was taken, the pained cry she let out when she realized he was taken.

When Rex was on the imperial ship, being tortured while Ahsoka came in and saved him. Then he was hurt and she was panicking, trying to escape the tie fighters.

When they were on Onderon, with Lux and the mine. When Rex got jealous that Lux liked Ahsoka and they fought for most of the time. When Ahsoka and Lux were trapped in the mine and Rex saved them both. When Ahsoka found out about Lux and gave him what he deserved.

When they were captured by pirates, Rex was forced to do terrible tasks to help and save Ahsoka. Each second was threatened by the death of her. Then being helped by the very same pirates that Rex saved.

And finally Felucia. Where Rex had made Ahsoka a date and she had never felt better. There they finally got a break. But now...

Now they had to be torn apart. Now Ahsoka wouldn't see his face, not for a very long time. It was tearing her apart, as it was Rex.

Finally the two parted and Rex slowly walked back onto the ship. Ahsoka watched through tears, as he flew the ship up and took off into the starry sky. She waved at the ship and soon it disappeared into the sky.

Rex felt his heart split in two as he flew away from Ahsoka. He remembered all the times they shared, only making him feel worse. But he was going to find his brothers. He just kept repeating that in his head. Yet it didn't' help him feel any better.

He had to find Wolffe and Gregor. He wanted to see his brothers again.

Him and Ahsoka would meet again. Someday. 

There you have it! Sorry if it's sad and a little rushed but I finally finished it! Your question for today is overall how did you guys like it? I love your comments as well as feed back and I honestly want to know. Also I'm slowly becoming a weeb hahahaha I'm currently watching Attack on Titans and OMG ITS AMAZING. If you want some suggestions I definitely recommend Your Name, Banana Fish, A Silent Voice, AOT, and Given. That's all the anime I've watched so far lol. If you have more suggestions I would love to hear them! Thanks so much to all of you for being amazing and supporting me through all this you guys have been amazing and I love you all!! :)))))