chap three

Keyshawn•Key

"so you been spending time with that girl?" Devina asked me as her, Izzy, and I was in da' car on da' way to her mama house

it was they birthday tomorrow but Dev goin' outta town with her bitches tonight. Devin was cremated. So we just go to the house on birthdays to sing happy birthday with ma and then on the anniversary of his death. it was good to see her, Devina moved out like sum months ago with her dude but she still see her a lot.

"yea, I have and her daughter", Izzy was driving, I was in the passenger seat and Devina was in the back but she sat up to pat my shoulder. "aw! you like her?"

it's been a couple of weeks. Ky and Nala always with me if I ain't handling sum business or it ain't at night since she got "work" I'on if I wanna come out and say I like her but I'm definitely fucking wit her.

"don't ask me no childish shit like dat" she sucked her teeth.

"boy fuck you. dis' why don't no bitch fuck with y'all" Izzy held up his free hand and looked to me.

"what da' fuck I do?" we both laughed and Devina joined in. "you guilty by association and also cause you do da' same bullshit"

"do what?" I asked honestly confused.

"act like liking a bitch a problem or sum" I shrugged. "it ain't no problem. it's just dum to say I like her"

"how? but it's fine to say you fuck with her and spend all your time with her" I chuckled. "man ight Dev, you right. you annoying as hell"

"Love you too bro" she leaned back and we continued our ride.

"hey mama!", Dee greeted mama Jay with a big hug and swung them side to side.

"hi my babies" she extended her arms after holding her daughter for a min. Izzy and I joined in on the hug. "I missed y'all"

"we missed you too. how you been?" Izzy asked as we went and sat down on the porch steps usually like we always do.

"I been fine. y'all been ok? staying safe" I nodded as she looked at us two specifically

"always" she smiled a lil.

"I'll go get sum lemonade" "thanks mama" devina said as her mom started walking into the house.