chap two

Kyla•Ky

"so wassup with y'all?", key asked as we sat on the bench at the park down the street from my apartment building

Nala sat in my lap nibbling on my cookie dough ice cream on my spoon. Keyshawn had got me sum cold stone which I thought was very sweet.

"nothing much, we just been chilling in the house" I answered casually. it's been bout a week since we last seen each other at the mall. we just been in constant communication via the phone.

"besides when you got work right? at the bar?"
I tore my eyes from him and onto to Nala hair that I started to play in with my free hand. I hated to lie to him but I had no choice.

it was embarrassing what I have to do to take care of us but it's what I gotta do..and I'd like to not be judged for it.

"yes. besides then" he chuckled lowly a lil.

"ight ma. well you work tonight?" I shook my head. "why on't you two come thru? we can eat, watch sum lil kid shit or sum" I giggled a lil as I nodded, liking to spend time with him.

"bet. I gotta take y'all back in the house for a min. I got a lil bit of shìt to do out on this side"

"okay" it went quiet besides nala constant babbling. she really be trying to talk, it's so cute.

"what chu talking bout lil mama?", key asked her after he placed his empty ice cream container next to him and grabbed Nala's hands and she put her attention onto him smiling and giggling. "what else you tryin' tell me?"

she reached out for him taking me by surprise, she ain't never been around a male figure honestly. Key accepted her and scooped her up in his arms leaning back giving her his full attention.

he was so fine. it ain't make no sense.

"where your girlfriend at?", he snickered a lil and took his eyes off nala looking me up and down.

"where yo' nigga at?" I giggled and looked down to my thighs pushing a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"I ain't got no nigga or I wouldn't be here right now"

"where her dad?"

I quickly rolled my eyes. "not even worth a conversation"

"he ain't wanna be round?" I shook my head and looked at him as held Nala who was playing with his locked iPhone.

"nope. he left when I was like three months. told me it wasn't his and all that good shit" I let out a soft laugh.