𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒗𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒂 𝒅𝒐𝒖𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒖𝒑𝒅𝒂𝒕𝒆!

-~-

It was later in the afternoon of the same day, and Sherlock and Adeline had just arrived at a tearoom.

"May I inquire as to why your search has led us here?" Adeline asked, as Sherlock browsed a bookcase.

"This was the only address my mother kept regular correspondence with. This was the main address I found on the letters stuffed up her chimney." Sherlock said with a thoughtful face. Although before Adeline could reply a voice piped up behind them.

"Grab a book and have a seat, and I'll be with you as soon as I'm free." Adeline turned around with a smile, but Sherlock was more careful with his.

"Delightful. Perhaps you could join us for tea." Sherlock said. Adeline furrowed her eyebrows, as the women stared at Sherlock.

"I advise you not to... Walk away." Sherlock said as the woman walked off. Sherlock closed the book he was holding and followed after the women, he motioned for Adeline to follow as well. Adeline still felt confused but nonetheless still followed.

"And yet you walk away anyway." Sherlock remarked with a sigh as he entered the room the woman went through

"Whatever you think you know, Sherlock Holmes, please be advised that if you disturb any of my customers-" The woman started. Adeline's eyes widened, who was this woman?

"You'd hurt me badly?" Sherlock interrupted.

"I am well aware of your talents, Miss Grayston." So her name is Miss Grayston, Adeline thought to herself.

"The question is, what you'd risk if I were to advise my friends in the government to take a look at this place." Sherlock stated. What is going on here?

"I know my brother would be delighted to browse your seditious, dangerous, and extremely banned bookshelves." Sherlock finished, Miss Grayston scoffed.

"You see. We can both hurt each other."

"Now, please put the teapot down, In your hands, it is a mighty weapon." Adeline moved her eyes between the two, unsure of what might happen next. Miss Grayston just scoffed and placed the teapot down harshly.

"Thank you." Sherlock responded.

"Do you have any sense as to where my mother is?" Sherlock asked.

"How did you find me?" Miss Grayston avoided the question by asking her own.

Sherlock explained how he found her, and Adeline couldn't help but have her lips lift up into a small smirk. Her eyes found Sherlock's who had a small smirk on his own face.