9 - Am I In Love?

DANIEL:

It was a Wednesday, and I had just come back from work when a question popped up in my head. I kept the thought aside and took a shower first. I wore my pyjama bottoms and plopped on my couch. I had to finish a series on Netflix, but before that, I had to google the question.

I took my phone out and searched, 'how to tell if you are in love with your best friend.' A cliché question, I know, but it was worth a try. The first link was of an article from BuzzFeed, and I opened it. It was titled 'how to know if you're actually in love with your best friend.'

'1. You constantly defend your friendship to others. And say things like, 'We're just friends, I swear!'' Well, that had happened before. Quite a lot, actually. In school and college, everyone used to ask me if I had a crush on him or something. It used to make me wanna barf, but I guess that was not the case anymore.

'2. You trust them more than anyone else.' Well, duh. That's what best friends are for.

'3. You take care of them when they're feeling under the weather.' Ugh, all the time.

'4. You notice every single detail about them.' Oh. That never happened before, but lately... I guess I've been noticing him closely. His eyes are so deep. His smile is so beautiful. He looks so dreamy with his wet hair all over his face. His chest is so smooth and those hard nipples. Speaking of hard... His dick felt so good... Control Danny. Control. Deep breaths.

'5. You act like your realest self around them.' Again, that's how you behave around best friends. Otherwise, what's the point of having them?

'6. You cringe when this song comes on the radio.' Dafuq?

'7. You talk about anything and everything with them.' Yes, except for sexual details. People would call us crazy if they knew the stuff we talked about. From robbing banks to world domination, we talked about everything.

'8. You spend your holidays together.' Because our homes are literally just a few minutes apart. This is pointless.

'9. You've stayed friends through all of life's stages.' True that. We survived high school together. There's no better test.

'10. Your significant other feels like a third wheel when you all hang out.' That has never happened. Alex would have told me if he felt so. But, I guess that's because Luke was just my best friend at that time, nothing more.

'11. You talk about your love for them in metaphors.' No, I do n... Holy shit! He has been doing that. I realized that Luke had been talking to me in a lot of metaphors ever since I got married. I pointed it out a countless number of times, but he used to shrug it off by saying that he had always talked like that. That lowlife bastard!

'12. You try to ignore the obvious sexual tension between you.' No, I don't. I never had to. Except on the day after he confessed. On that day, I just wanted to bend him over my lap and spank him for being such bitch.

'13. They're the first person you text when something important happens in your life.' Again, best friends.

'14. You get jealous when you see them with the person they're currently dating.' No, absolutely not. But then, I pondered on it a bit. Yes. Yes, I would. The thought of him being with Veronica made me cringe. That had never happened before.

'15. You feel super comfortable around them.' Ugh, that's what best friends are for, bitches. I have known him my entire life. How am I not supposed to feel comfortable around him?