[prologue]

PROLOGUE

~Magic was dripping from her fingers~

⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑

Genevie Fern, a blonde haired girl who performed magic on the streets of the city of Seattle. The people living in Seattle were quite familiar with her name, and every day around seven in the night, a crowd would be seen assembled around the girl.

She had a knack of bringing smile on people's face with her magic. Her tricks and illusion were adored by the citizens of Seattle, and her talent was followed by wondrous and magical stares of people. 

Gen was born in Virginia, and like every other child, she had a loving and normal family. Her last name wasn't always Fern, it was Henderson. Genevie Henderson. Her father was a lawyer, while her mother was a doctor. But everything changed when her mother died from blood cancer. Gen was eleven year old at that time, and she had no idea that her life was going to take a rough turn. Her mother's death was a terrible fate for the little girl, and she had no idea how to handle it. Her father became alcoholic and stopped caring for her. There was a time when he wasn't at home for days, leaving her alone to fend herself. 

Five months later he married another woman, and as the woman didn't wanted a child, he kicked her out of the house. Genevie was homeless, abandoned and hurt. For sometime she lived on street, learned robbery to fend for herself. She would steal food from nearby restaurants, and sometimes she would steal money. Soon she was found by the police, and then given to an orphanage. The orphanage was kind enough to take her in, and provide roof over her head. When she was asked about her whereabouts, she lied to them that both her parents were dead. She didn't wanted anyone to know that her father abandoned her, she didn't wanted to see pity eye directed toward her. 

Gen was shifted to another branch of the orphanage in Chicago, where she resumed her middle school. The school money was taken care by the orphanage, and everything related to her studies. Her life was slowly coming back on the tracks, but nothing could fill the hurt deep inside her heart caused by her mother's death and father's abandonment. At the age of fourteen, she changed her last name to Fern, because she didn't wanted to anything related to her old life, related to her father. 

Genevie Fern. 

She was twelve when she first saw magicians performing magic tricks on the streets of Virginia, and she was captivated by it. Gen learned magic tricks herself, and started performing them on the streets to the curious bystanders and tourists. After finishing her high school, she directly went to Seattle and had been living there since. 

 And that is how her journey in the field of magic began.