Chapter- 38

Difficult time's going on guys. Please stay at your homes and stay safe!

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Shreya's POV-

The venue was decided and we had returned back to Mumbai. The wedding was supposed to take place two weeks later and right from when we got back, mumma, aunty and all the bhabhis had started their shopping. Saaransh and I on the on the other hand had started work. He and I were in the same department and so was Anika. Adya, Ronit and Naman were in the other internal reporting department.

" Shreya, Vaibhav sir has called you in his cabin." The office boy, Ram came and told me.

" I'll be right there." I replied and picked my phone to go and knocked his cabin.

" Come in." I heard him and then entered.

" Shreya, I need you to step down in the DM's office for his statement on how the building collapsed. You should leave right now to reach there on time." He instructed, looking at me.

" I'll be off then sir. Is it live?" I asked him.

" Yes, all the best for your first time on screen and live!" He wished and after thanking him, I exited his cabin.

" I'll be going live in an hour." I barged to Anika's cubicle and told her.

" OMG....all the best Shreya." She said, hugging me.

Then I collected my back, and Saaransh, who was my cameraman for the time being. Later he was to be placed in the PCR.

" I'm so nervous." I told him as he started to drive.

" Shreya Kashyap and nervous, you know the meaning of the word?" He asked, raising a brow and I rolled my eyes.

" Not helpinggg." I sang.

" Aree....you just breathe in and breathe out. All you need to do is that." He advices and I followed it.

" Feeling better?" He asked as he looked at me slightly and then back to the road.

" Totally. I am all good." I replied, confidently.

" Well.....that's more like Shreya Kashyap. Can only be intimidated by her own fiancé, Kabir Rathore and no one else." He had to taunt.

" That's not true at all." I lied, looking away.

" Oh please, for now long have I known you?" He asked.

" 8 years. And okay, he does intimidate me a little bit, but one word about this conversation to anyone, and you'll wish you were never born." I threatened him.

" Calm down woman, now remember that I am your cameraman, I can show your face in funny angles if you don't behave." He tried to threaten me.

" You wouldn't dare. The consequences will be dire. Need I say anymore?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Before he could reply, we had reached the office. I quickly fixed my hair and then stepped out.

" Okay Shreya, you were born to do this. Now walk and walk like you own this." I pepped talked and motivated myself.

Saaransh was setting up the camera as I met the DM.

" Shreya, we are ready to go in 3...2...1." He said and then showed thumbs up.

" A very good evening to all the viewers across the nation. Today, we have with us Mr. Krunal Tahani, Mumbai's DM who has generously agreed to give us a brief interview about what went wrong with the building in Powai.