Chapter- 27

Shreya's POV-

It was the day of my engagement with Mr. Khadoos Rathore. I hadn't talked to him since that day when he yelled at me. It was stupid, but I WAS MAD AT HIM FOR SHOUTING AT ME.

" Shreya, take half day today and get back home at 3." Riya bhabhi instructed.

I nodded and left for the office. Anika was on leave and her wedding functions were beginning from day after tomorrow. She was happy and I was happy for her.

" Shreya, let's go home. Aunty just called me to get you back, says your phone is unreachable." Saaransh said.

Let me just ask Vaibhav sir.

" Sir, may I leave early today?" I asked, entering his cabin.

" Why are you even here today at the first place?" He asked.

" What would have I done all day long at home?" I questioned back.

" Go. I'll see you in the evening." He said and I left.

Saaransh dropped me home and went to the venue where Virat bhai, Rohit bhai and papa were there.

" Shreya, let's get you ready." Anika said, jumping on me.

" When did you get here?" I asked her.

" The moment you started for office in the morning." Khyati bhabhi replied.

" It's 4 right now, we have to reach by 7 so I'm going to sleep for sometime." I said going to my room.

Anika followed me.

" You are not. The mehendi artist is sitting downstairs. You'll get your hands painted. You can get rid of it in one hour because it's chemical mehendi and then we'll go to the salon so that you get ready. And you're applying chemical mehendi because you went to office instead of staying back and getting ready. You leave us no option." Anika said in one go.

" But why do I have to apply mehendi? It's just engagement right?" I asked.

" Shreya, it's a tradition. Now go down with Anika." Mumma said, coming in the room.

" Fine." I huffed and went down.

The artist quickly wrapped up in half an hour.

" What is the name of your fiance?" She asked.

" Mr. Rathore." I replied absent minded.

" Kabir." Anika corrected while glaring at me. I rolled my eyes.

" Let's think rationally now. I have one hour in which I can't do anything, so I better go and sleep then." I said.

" Go and do the only thing you know to do properly."Anika taunted.

I grinned and moved up to my heaven, my bed.

" Shreya, get up for god's sake. It's already 5:45 and we need to be there at 7." I heard Riya bhabhi exclaim.

" Bhabhi please you don't take stress. It's not good for the baby. Calm down. I'm up." I said as I make her sit in the bed.

" Now tell me what do I have to do?" I asked.

" Go and take a bath and get rid of mehendi. I'll do your hair and make up and then you put the dress on. There is no time to go to the salon." She said.

" Bhabhi, you relax. I'll do everything. You rest." I told her.

" Shreya, I'm pregnant not sick so relax and do as I say." She said.

I pouted but quickly told what she did.

I was sitting in my bath gown and she was doing my make up and hair.